Position at Ashoka
**Executive Administrator for the CEO Job Description:
**The Executive Administrator plays an integral role in the organization by supporting and managing the priorities of the CEO. This individual will be able to prioritize competing needs while handling matters efficiently, proactively, and with strong independence. This role is perfect for those who enjoy innovating within systems, problem solving, and are looking to contribute to Ashoka’s Everyone a Changemaker mission.
The Executive Administrator serves as a liaison for the CEO, interacting with Ashoka leadership and other teams on behalf of the CEO, and serving as a channel of communication between the CEO, staff, and external parties.
This position offers strong leadership experience with ample opportunity for growth and unique mentorship. The Executive Administrator is responsible for supporting the Executive Office team, managing external and internal relationships of the CEO and advocating for strategic directives to senior leadership on the CEO’s behalf.
Some key objectives of the Executive Administrator are below.
Organizing Strategic Meetings:
- Assist the CEO in scheduling needs; the annual planning process; monitor timelines and ensure deadlines and time-sensitive follow-ups are met
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation of media relations, including proper research and coordination for preparing briefings for meetings, and high-level speaking events, supported by other EO team members
Team Management and Quality Control
- Manage the Executive Office Correspondence team, playing both mentor and accountability partner to team
- Ensure excellence in all communication from the CEO email and personal mailings
- Advise and ensure appropriate responses and follow-up tasks; respond on the CEO’s behalf when possible to eliminate unnecessary workload
- Oversee and respond to upcoming special projects/crises that have potential to affect the CEO
- Recruit, train and supervise Executive Office staff and interns. Delegate tasks effectively
Managing Special Projects
- Prepare and maintain a variety of Ashoka records, including confidential information
- Work closely on strategic planning/objective creation for the Executive Office team
- Conduct many other varieties of special projects as they arise, manage staff throughout Ashoka to ensure the CEO’s interests are represented
Interdepartmental Relations on Behalf of the CEO
- Serve as a liaison and one of the primary contact persons between the CEO, the public, and other members of Ashoka
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with all staff
- Liaise with Ashoka senior management to arrange for the CEO’s attention to interdepartmental needs and requests for meetings, documents, and resources
- Advocate on behalf of the CEO’s strategic initiatives
Preferred Skills and Background
- Understanding of and/or interest in the field of social entrepreneurship
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to self-manage and lead a team in ambiguity. Proven tolerance for adversity
- Creative, quick problem-solving experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Full time position, salaried
- Currently remote, but must reside in or near Arlington, VA for any in-person tasks. When the office reopens next fall this position will be mandatorily in-person 5 days per week.
- Overtime expected during high-volume times of year and other critical moments for the CEO