candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for businesses across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this unserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
The company is looking for an experienced professional, who will drive the integration, communication and further development of environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices on a global level with specific focus on both India and South Africa. candi is a rapidly growing company and the role requires an openness to operate in a dynamic and fast moving work environment. We are looking for a self-starter with relevant experience in ESG relating to real assets such as infrastructure investment and asset management, or other related fields, as well as building a corporate risk culture and awareness towards ESG. Given the global footprint of candi, the individual should also have experience in managing and communicating with international stakeholders. This job offers interested individuals the opportunity to take full ownership in the development and professionalisation of ESG monitoring, create and supervise the execution of an appropriate action plan, and effectively communicate with various stakeholders for a fast moving company active in the renewable energy sector.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following on a global level:
- As the chair of a cross-divisional, cross-national ESG committee, lead the ongoing development, implementation and monitoring of ESG policies and processes through an effective environmental and social management system (ESMS).
- Manage, develop and maintain the company’s ESMS.
- Understand candi’s and its stakeholders’ ESG requirements and translate those into practical goals and actions.
- Coordinate with different business units, including the local Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) representatives and Sales and Asset Management to develop and ensure compliance with ESG policies.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders regarding ESG topics.
- Manage all external ESG and impact development reporting obligations as well as ad-hoc requests by our stakeholders end-to-end.
- Develop, implement and maintain a professional ESG report for international investors as well as internal ESG KPIs.
- 5+ years of work in ESG or sustainability domain, including development/contribution to ESMS.
- Experience in sustainability reporting.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- Strong communication skills and experience in managing international investors.
- Experience in managing different stakeholders effectively.
- Excellent spoken and written English
Location: Gurgaon or Pune, combined with working from home. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Hours: Full time. Very experienced candidates will be considered for a part-time position.
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.