Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
We are looking for an ESG Controller to join our journey. This role is key as part of our “Strategy 2025 - Accelerating Green Growth” to become the global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions and we take a rigorous science-driven approach to reporting of the Group’s Sustainability performance indicators. The ESG Controller contributes to the delivery of our strategy by:
- Delivering non-financial data analysis on key performance elements, such as Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, energy, waste and water, including reporting on KPIs
- Developing and implementing projects to improve the efficiency and accuracy of ESG Reporting processes, including actuals and forecasts
- Facilitating a strong working relationship across the Sustainability, Finance and Global Hub Analytics and Reporting (GHAR) teams including Business segment reporting and ESG peers in countries/regions
- Ensuring strong controls and assurance culture by driving change to embed internal controls throughout ESG.
- Validating data accuracy and preparing monthly ESG reports for Senior Management
- Supporting the evolution of Holcim’s ESG reporting with regards to external report content, structure, automation and presentation
- Monitoring ESG trends, data sources, processes and their changes and communication on issues, status, and solutions
- Actively contributing to the reporting framework, such as the annual Sustainability Report in accordance with GRI and other standards
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Finance or other business related topic or equivalent experience
- Additional education / qualifications on sustainability or financial reporting is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the area of reporting, controlling, finance or similar functions
- Experience in engaging with senior management and delivering key messages in a concise and clear way
- Experience in sustainability related topics is an advantage
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous approach to tasks
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills and the capacity to prioritize with appropriate sense for urgency
- A good understanding of how environmental concerns relate to material business risks and opportunities
- Knowledge and experience in global environmental standards and frameworks: such as Group Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), EU
- Taxonomy and others
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) to ensure fluent interfacing with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze ESG issues and to effectively communicate these
- Ability to work independently and proactively
Fluent in German and English (written and spoken). Other languages (eg. French) are beneficial but not essential.