SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
Following the war in Ukraine and the immense humanitarian needs resulting from it, we are looking for an experienced and committed
ER HR Advisor Ukraine Response (f/m)
Duration: Until Dec 2023
The HR Advisor is responsible for all HR activities related to the Ukraine Response – in close collaboration with Regional HR Director and the Ukraine Response Project Managers.
S/he closely liaises with HR administration to ensure in-time and adequate contractual arrangements for identified candidates and involves related functions for comprehensive and sound on-boarding.
S/he partners with hiring managers of functions to identify current and future needs in personnel and assists to develop and implement successful recruiting strategies. In this capacity s/he provides HR expert advice on all related HR topics and issues while closely liaising with the HR specialists as needed.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide full operational HR support to country programs to ensure that they are able to quickly recruit good quality staff with appropriate skills for humanitarian work; deal efficiently with administration associated with appointment and deployment (i.e., pre appointment reference/child protection and health checks, contractual and payroll documentation, internal deployment/secondment agreements etc.); deal effectively with onboarding and other welfare matters.
- Independently manage all elements of the recruitment lifecycle and work closely with the assigned functional areas including demand planning, job design and job advertisement, application management, interview process, reference taking and secure a smooth on boarding of new employees. Liase with and support HR functions in MAs in relation to the Ukraine Response recruitment process (job advertisements, interviews, etc.), where necessary.
Workforce Planning/ Organisational Development
- Provide functional leads involved in Ukraine Response with HR expertise and advice on operational workforce planning including but not limited to identifying resource and related recruitment needs (e.g., new positions, replacements)
- Advise on staffing structure and organizational chart that reflects the operational needs of the project. In a rapidly changing emergency context ensure that HR roles and responsibilities are clearly allocated and action plans/agreements drawn up where appropriate. Develop and maintain KPI reporting to support workforce planning and other relevant organizational initiatives
Project /Change Management
- Take the lead in developing job profiles in line with organisational needs including review and/or revision of structure needs and related operational change management initiatives as required
- Assist and/or support HR projects as needed including coordinating a framework for an organizational ER response strategy for the future.
HR Administration/ Performance Management
- Collaborate with HR administration in international, regional and national SOS CV offices to identify and implement suitable contractual frameworks for project staff. Ensure adherence to SOS CV policies and procedures (HR policy, Code of Conduct, PSHEA guidelines, Equal opportunity, and other relevant policies.)
- Coordinate with line managers to ensure regular performance management and identify needs and potential options for staff development / capacity building. Put in place systems and processes for effective and responsive Project performance management.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration; relevant Technical Diploma/Certification with comparable extensive experience
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant HR experience as an HR Generalist with focus on recruitment in an international context - preferably non-profit sector; experience in the humanitarian field is an asset
- Experience across the HR value chain especially workforce planning, organisational development, HR administration and performance management is an asset
- Experience in various methods in candidate sourcing and interviewing
- Customer oriented mind set combined with excellent organisational and strong communication skills
- Experience working in a multicultural setting, and in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic context.
- Experience in delivering trainings and formulating relevant HR concepts and guidelines desirable
- Excellent languages skills in English - orally and in written, Russian is an added advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A versatile and exciting sphere of work within a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- Actual salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by Sep 19, 2022 at the latest , SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/__.