Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks an Engineering Technical Director to join our Energy Services Division. The Energy Division team at Cadmus provides advanced analytic and strategic consulting services to energy companies, utilities, governments, and non-profit organizations across the United States and around the world. At Cadmus, you’ll collaborate with leading energy experts to help our clients across the globe incorporate renewable energy, reduce electricity consumption, improve distributed energy systems, and attain energy equity. From research and policy development to project implementation, our work supports the advancement of energy efficiency and distributed energy in the marketplace.
This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, and to draw valuable conclusions by collecting and analyzing data on how complex systems operate under real-world conditions. Strong candidates will enjoy solving complex engineering problems, researching innovative technologies, and conducting energy efficiency evaluations.
The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Cost Effectiveness Technical Leadership:
- Establishing the financial value of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and load management programs and equipment by performing cost effectiveness modeling and analysis for energy efficiency and market transformation programs
- Lead planning, designing, and implementing cost effectiveness research efforts including but not limited to:
- Energy efficiency and distributed generation project costs and savings
- Project and measure expected useful lifetime
- Forecasted natural gas and electricity costs
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection
- Analyze and interpret energy and financial data to reach meaningful conclusions and recommendations for inclusion in clearly written, concise reports
- Manage and oversee the use and development of cost-effectiveness tools
- Train and mentor staff on the principles of cost-effectiveness as it relates to the clean energy market
- Represent Cadmus as a cost-effectiveness expert in various forums, advisory committees, and working groups
- Measurement and Verification (M&V) Technical Leadership:
- Supervise and train engineers to collect measurement and verification data from residential, commercial, and industrial site visits including verifying energy efficiency measure installation and operating parameters
- Analyze collected data using analytical techniques with software tools such as Excel, Python, or R; identifying trends; optimizing weather or production-normalized models; summarizing program events; and identifying impacts on program results
- Develop technical approaches for EM&V across a range of energy efficiency projects, in accordance with appropriate protocols
- Serve as technical support to develop metering approaches and solutions
- Support field staff with troubleshooting metering that can arise before or during site visits
- Act as technical support for new product review and adoption including brainstorming metering solutions where needed
- Business Development and Project Management:
- Active participation in the ideation and execution of business development activities, including cultivating existing client relationships to expand existing work and supporting Cadmus in creating proposals
- Nurturing and building existing client relationships as a primary point of contact
- Providing clear and consistent communications on projects and raising any concerns or issues
- Support in growing Cost-Effectiveness, M&V and Engineering work at Cadmus
- Essential project management activities including budget tracking, invoicing, project planning, staff balancing, and resource management
- Developing detailed reports and presentations of results, findings, methodologies, and data sources, in addition to providing clear, actionable recommendations to clients
- Project delivery including ensuring all deliverables in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel formats meet Cadmus standards and exceed client expectations
- Active communication with and coordination of project teams, providing constructive feedback and managing expectations
- Ongoing communication with Cadmus Energy Services leadership and support teams including operations regarding the health and status of all projects and tasks
- Communicate professionally (oral and written) with colleagues and clients, in varying time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, electrical engineering, economics or related field
- Over eight (8+) years of demonstrated professional experience in the commercial and industrial sector
- Strong understanding of energy efficiency, carbon reduction and mitigation technologies, and clean energy markets
- Prior experience deploying and installing power metering and data logging equipment
- Experience reviewing electrical drawings
- Experience managing or leading cost-benefit analysis, understanding cost effectiveness calculators and evaluation
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, carbon reduction and mitigation technologies, and clean energy
- Experience analyzing energy use of commercial and industrial systems, using analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace
- Familiarity with project management practices and tools, including developing schedules, assigning resources, and budget tracking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate complicated issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional Engineering License or advanced degree in economics
- Prior consulting experience working independently to make decisions
- Staff management and development experience
- Business development (including proposal management and response) experience
- Experience with energy sector or utility industry
- Demonstrated analytical skills using Python/Jupyter, R, VBA, Matlab, SQL, Access, FileMaker, or other analytic languages or platforms
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $145,000. The actual salary may be higher and will be determined by several factors, including relevant work experience, education, skills, and market competitiveness.
We value the critical role safety and health protocols contribute to everyone’s success at Cadmus, and work together to align and comply with all federal, state, and local safety and health mandates related to COVID to ensure a safe and valuable work environment.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com