Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To serve as the Driver cum Office Aide of the HPI Bangladesh Program in accordance with HPI objectives, policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILIIES AND DELIVERABLES**: (**including approximate percentage effort)
Accountable for technical service to vehicle and transport (65%)
- Provide safe transportation for all staff, visitors, and partners.
- Operate Heifer Bangladesh auto vehicles for official trips and comply with standard traffic rules, regulations, and best driving practices.
- Maintain cleanliness and good physical condition of vehicles.
- Conduct a periodic check-up of vehicles for fluid (engine and gear oil, brake fluid, steering fluid, etc.) and electrical conditions.
- Keep an up-to-date vehicle logbook and maintenance book.
General office clerk duties and errands (10%)
- Provide support around the office as needed, including but not limited to sorting and receiving post, sorting documents, photocopying, and scanning.
Vehicle Security and Reporting (20%)
- Report promptly to the Administrative Manager and/or appropriate public officers in any case of theft or damage to vehicles by other parties in accordance with Heifer’s procedures.
- Provide prompt emergency assistance if an accident occurs.
- Keep and maintain tools, repair kits and safety devices for each vehicle.
- Provide vehicle support to staff as per clearance from Administrative Manager.
- Provide logistics support as required.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A secondary school certificates, plus three years' experience in driving is required. Educational qualification may be considered for highly experienced candidate.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Excellent mechanical skills for vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in long distance driving.
- Good spoken and written Bengali Language.
- Experience in maintenance of logbook.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Have an interest in animal agriculture/community development.
- Understand the importance of traditional customs of the various ethnic groups and be familiar with their lifestyle.
- Ability and willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs and to gender equity.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
The last date of the application submission is on September 10, 2022.