Shorelight is hiring a
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Director of Implementation, University Programs, leads the implementation, and launch of university programming and support at new partnerships, negotiating the undergraduate and graduate academic entry criteria and creating academic access programs in close collaboration with university leadership. The primary responsibility of this individual is to create access points for international students and to develop academic programming in conjunction with university colleagues to ensure student success. Reporting to the Executive Director, Implementation, the Director of Implementation, University Programs, oversees all aspects of the partner university academic programs including international student admissions criteria, campus-based and online Undergraduate, Graduate, ESL and non-degree programs. The Director of Implementation, University Programs is innovative and entrepreneurial, has high attention to detail and documentation, and proves to be an effective communicator with internal and key university stakeholders.
University Program Management**
• Advocates for access-oriented university programs for international students that maximize enrollment potential.
• Builds university programs, implementing systems and procedures, for campus-based and online undergraduate, graduate, ESL and non-degree programs.
• Provides detailed and expert analysis on key trends, performance metrics, and student-focused enhancements
• Leads optimization efforts around academic programming that meets the partnership objectives and further strengthens the partnership’s mission, international reach, and outstanding reputation, and maximizes student success.
• Collaborates on the delivery of online course and workshop content to support student success.
• Trains university and Shorelight personnel on the partnership’s university programs.
• Documents governing decisions in a clear and concise manner.
• Liaises with Shorelight’s university partner teams to design and deliver academic programming that meets students where they are and ensures international student success.
• Serves as relationship manager of critical university personnel including, but not limited to Enrollment Director, Department Deans, Program Directors, ESL Director, and Academic Chair.
• Partners with Implementation colleagues to ensure a holistic program encompassing academic success, integration into the university environment, acculturation, student services support, and student success.
• Fosters trust and collaboration with the university leadership and create a common framework and vision for student success and academic progression.
• Master’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in higher education, language school management• Record of exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills• Demonstrated tact, patience, and diplomacy, when collaborating cross-departmentally • Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without Sponsorship
• Proficiency with technology, including CRM and SIS systems (Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Banner, Wrike, Jira)• Experience with SEVP, Student Visa & Immigration Policy • Experience working with international students • Experience administering graduate programs• Experience developing and/or administrating online programming• Experience with Learning Management Systems• Experience in TESOL