WHO WE ARE
The decisions we make shape our lives and those of the people around us. There is not a more important set of skills that we can teach today’s youth than how to approach decision-making. That is what we aim to do.
The Alliance for Decision Education is a nonprofit organization that is driving a revolutionary shift in the way that we think about education. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential skills and dispositions for making better decisions. We are driven by this mission, supported by science, and backed by a growing list of global luminaries and leaders.
The Alliance is committed to an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture. Our team is made up of diverse, dedicated, and driven educators, researchers, subject matter experts, and other professionals who have come from different backgrounds for a common purpose. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHAT WE OFFER
Employees receive a comprehensive total rewards package which includes: competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, employer-paid medical, vision, and dental premiums for both the employee and their dependents, a 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, generous paid time off (PTO), equipment and supplies to work remotely, and additional resources to help employees do their best work.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for creating and overseeing the strategy for all of the Alliance’s communications including, but not limited to, branding, content, marketing, media, public relations, and website design. They will significantly increase awareness of Decision Education and the organization with relevant stakeholders and the general public.
The Director of Communications will report to the Executive Director of the organization and lead the Communications Department, which is responsible for driving awareness and creating demand for Decision Education across the nation.
We expect this individual to adhere to the Alliance’s hybrid work schedule, working both remotely and from our office in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
*The position is based in the United States.
- Lead the Communications department and provide mentorship and support as needed.
- Collaborate across departments for outreach initiatives and programs.
- Manage initiatives to shape the messaging and voice of the Alliance.
- Implement communication vehicles to create momentum and brand awareness, as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan across the network’s audiences in collaboration with the Alliance and constituents.
- Stay data-informed by tracking engagement and measuring ROI across platforms.
- Develop a thought leadership strategy, including content creation and earned media efforts, to increase the visibility and credibility of the Executive Director and other leaders and position them and the Alliance as experts in this area.
- Lead the generation of content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, annual reports, social media posts, video, and website.
- Coordinate website maintenance; ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Coordinate social media engagement; ensure new and consistent information is posted regularly.
- These duties may change or expand over time consistent with our organization’s initiatives.
- Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in Communications, Marketing, and/or related fields
- Proven ability to develop and implement communication plans and strategies that reach various audiences
- Proven ability to bring together new constituents through a movement or coalition
- Experience managing a team of Communications professionals
- Effective and efficient writing and editing skills
- Experience or interest in education/non-profit is preferred, but not required
- Attributes and Characteristics
- Exceptional communicator, storyteller, and brand ambassador
- Collaborative; positive and collegial
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Creative and strategic thinker with great execution
- Responsible and conscientious; pays close attention to detail
- Gracious professionalism and emotional maturity
- Passionate about our mission and the success of the organization
- Capable and willing to be flexible and adapt to changing conditions