Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change to accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Director, Enterprise Business Processes
Who are you?
Be part of a world-class team that wants to tackle one of the most important challenges of our generation; low cost and high-volume capture of CO2 (gigatons scale). As a Svante employee, you will apply your talents in ways that make a difference in our world by directly contributing towards technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Svante has been nominated one of the best clean-energy technology companies for future investment with a credible solution for capturing point-source CO2 emissions and accelerating the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
To support us in achieving our ambitious corporate objectives, we are seeking a highly motivated, versatile professional to lead us in producing and optimizing business process models, enterprise content, value streams, capability maps, and interconnected data models to support a culture of lean operations, rich data, and business process excellence. As a Digital Business leader responsible for business processes and Enterprise Content Management (ECM), you will lead a talented team whose scope will cover critical business processes and content governance at the enterprise, line-of-business, and project levels. A key goal is for your team to produce an inventory of high-value, results-oriented deliverables to enable highly effective product design, business operations, business solution implementation, project execution, and executive decision making. Your expertise will be critical in allowing Svante to engineer, implement, integrate, and automate business processes to help us rapidly scale to become a global leader in carbon capture technologies.
As Svante’s go-to person for business process expertise and ECM excellence, you will provide leadership to our ECM Manager and Business Analysts, and will work closely with Project Managers, Line-of-Business Managers, and domain subject matter experts across the company. This is a growth role with potential to expand into Enterprise Business Architecture, Information Architecture, and/or Program Management depending on your career objectives.
- Corporate Development
- EPMO & EPC Project Teams
- Product Engineering Team
- Quality Management Team
- R&D Process Development Team
- SAB Manufacturing Team
- Supply Chain Team
- Technical Services Team
- Corporate Shared Services (all departments)
- Industry consultants & software vendors
- Provide director-level leadership to our ECM Manager and Business Analysts (including building up the team).
- Lead the effort to identify, map and catalogue Svante’s core business processes to achieve “Operational Readiness”.
- Collaborate with line managers, project sponsors, and subject matter experts to validate business needs, confirm current state processes, identify process challenges/opportunities, and establish desired future state processes.
- Work with experts across various enterprise domains (such as Corporate, Materials Research, Field Services, Manufacturing Operations, Product Lifecycle Management, Capital Projects etc.) to achieve organization-wide alignment of core processes with the aim of maximizing cross-departmental efficiency, quality, automation, agility, and data insight.
- Develop and utilize standardized tools and templates for business process architecture; including process flows, information flows, value streams, use cases, user stories, customer journey maps, requirements specifications, etc.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into business process specifications, information models, etc. in a clear manner for the benefit of subject matter experts, software architects, project team members, and other interested stakeholders.
- Assist with research to identify and select software products that meet agreed-upon requirements in support of business process automation efforts.
- Provide a strong customer advocacy mindset regarding the needs of your stakeholders, balanced with the company’s enterprise architecture vision and overall technology direction.
- Communicate proposed business requirement changes and enhancements to sponsors and other stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of business process impacts.
- Develop expertise in Business Process Management (BPM) and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) trends and technologies in the engineering and manufacturing industry; and bring that knowledge to bear in helping Svante develop and sustain world-class capabilities.
- Oversee and mentor business analysts and document control specialists engaged in various projects to ensure deliverables are consistent, comply with enterprise and departmental standards, and are fit for intended purpose.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in business process management, enterprise content management, business process analysis, and business analysis.
- At least 5 years leading a team (both internal staff and external consultants).
- Expertise in business process capture, business process engineering / target state definition, and gap analysis, including experience with related methodologies and frameworks.
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor others.
- Demonstrated experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Deep knowledge of various model types, diagram notations, and tools used for business process management and process modeling.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of ECM and document governance, best practices, tools, technologies, and compliance.
- Thorough understanding of information architecture (in particular, aligning data to processes) would be a strong asset.
- Strong organizational and project management skills will be essential for planning deliverables, organizing workflow, and managing resources.
- Knowledge of general processes used in high-tech product engineering, manufacturing, and/or EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) would be an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal, presentation, written), with a strong propensity for facilitating collaborative decisions amongst business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong desire to learn all areas of the business, advocacy and support of Lean Principles, and sincere, passionate belief in Svante’s values and business mission.
- Undergraduate degree in related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.