Job Title: Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer ( DMER)
Location: Beirut-Lebanon or R****emote for other MENA countries when necessary
Type of contract: Full time Employee
Application deadline: 31 March 2023
Directly working with: Field staff, field centers, stakeholders, Program department
Start and End dates: May 2023-Sep 2023, position is contingent upon donor approval
Institute for War & Peace Reporting is an independent not-for profit organization that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in conflict zones, closed societies, and countries in transition around the world. Part of IWPR is implementing projects to support CSOs and communities in Syria in response the crisis that started in 2011.
Institute for War & Peace Reporting is an independent not-for profit organisation that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in conflict zones, closed societies, and countries in transition around the world. Part of IWPR is implementing projects in Syria in response the crisis that started in 2011.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The primary function of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer (DMER) is to carry out assessment and monitoring activities with a view to determine benefits of the program and how they influence the lives of targeted communities and beneficiaries. The DMER will help conduct a baseline survey and train of staff, conduct survey and monitoring missions. The DMER will ensure to monitor program indicators and plan with the program team activities to reach the indicators. The DMER should also ensure monitoring projects, conducting evaluation of projects performance, with the concerned departments come up with lesson learnt and recommendations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Quarterly review for programs to ensure that stated best practices are in place.
- As appropriate, conduct field visits in coordination with programs to ensure proper implementation of programs as per agreed proposals and M&E plan.
- Conduct, as appropriate, Random Checks of beneficiaries' files and/or activities records to ensure adherence to selection criteria, selection process documentation and archiving of beneficiaries required documents.
- Support programs in developing selection criteria of beneficiaries.
- Support programs in developing tools to measure progress in indicators or counting beneficiaries.
- Being responsible to verify the accuracy of all figures of beneficiaries, indicators that are reported by programs through monthly reporting.
- Ensure that baseline and end line surveys planned are implemented timely and according to the DME protocol of IWPR.
- Contribute in the development of sample frames, survey questionnaires and field implementation training and methodologies on data collection.
- Supervise field implementation of data collection in coordination with program staff and monitoring personnel.
- Analysis surveys, pre and post tests data and prepare reports.
- Capturing and help in preparing success stories, case studies and qualitative findings of the progress of the program from the field.
- Write lesson learned and recommendation.
- Capacity building to beneficiaries and program team on M&E plan.
- As appropriate, conduct /organize meetings with programs staff to ensure understanding and commitment to M&E requirements and best practices.
- Contribute to the mid-term and final evaluations of the program.
Reporting, Communication and data management:
- Lead the reporting process of the programs to the donor and ensure they are submitted on time to the Country Director.
- Develop reporting formats to beneficiaries and guide them on how to fill them up in coordination with the program team.
- Review all external communication documents and highlights to the donor.
- In coordination with the organizations’ editor ensure success stories are posted on IWPR website on a quarterly basis.
- Being the focal point with any external monitoring and evaluation entity in support of the program.
- Ensure that files are well organized and conduct spot check on the files hard and soft copies and ensure to fill in the gaps if any.
- Review all documents prior to sending them to the donor.
- Ensure in coordination with the staff that the pictures quality included in the reports and IWPR documents are of high quality.
- Lead the write up of security and incidents reports on a monthly basis from the field and keep those updated. In addition, to reporting in coordination with the team on any surprising incidents.
Design of programs and proposals:
- Support beneficiaries in developing their proposal and ideas in coordination with the program team.
- Review all proposals submitted to the program team through beneficiaries and partners.
- Support in the write up of development of new proposal in Lebanon’s office.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To be considered candidates are required to possess the following qualifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or political sciences; or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position.
- 1-2 years of experience working within International organizations.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Understanding of the political, security and general context of Syria and Lebanon.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office and in particular Excel and statistical packages such as SPSS to analyze data).
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments and work independently.
- Relevant experience in survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Demonstrate attention to details and the ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- Excellent reporting skills and the ability to develop proposal in English is essential.
- Good negotiations and representation skills.
- Strong ability to solve problems.
- Applicant should be detail-oriented, well organized and committed to excellence.
- A high level of energy, positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment are essential.
- The Ability to travel in the region when required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been considered for an interview will be contacted.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.