The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Crew Chief. As Crew Chief, you will be responsible for the safe, accurate and professional operation of the crew. The Crew Chief is in charge of the field operation, provides direction to the Operator, and is responsible for the truck and all of the equipment. The Crew Chief executes valve and hydrant operations and maintenance in the field as well as data collection activities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure the crew follows all safety procedures
- Traffic and personnel safety
- Equipment operations safety
- Confined space safety
- Understand and follow all operations procedures
- Understand the implications of operations
- Understand water system dynamics
- Call for assistance whenever an abnormal situation arises
- Ensure all data is collected completely and accurately
- Understand the details of the valve and hydrant data being collected
- Understanding of the GPS device and its operation and maintenance
- Participate in quality assurance activities
- Daily download of data on GPS device
- Responsible for all activities and operations of the crew
- Responsible for tracking daily production
- Present a professional appearance
- Ensure a professional appearance of the crew
- Responsible for crew and equipment
- Notify the Project Manager of any customer concerns
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- State Water Operator license
- Experience in valve turning preferred
- Safe and cautious driver with a valid driver’s license
- Water distribution knowledge
- Ability to interact with customer
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, email, spreadsheets, and ability to download data)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand, read, and write English
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Availability to work overtime, any shift, weekends, and holidays if needed
- Confined Space Entry Certification
- Traffic Control Technician
- Flagger Certification
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to continuously stand or walk for a full day in the outside elements
- Ability to bend, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds frequently
- Ability to squat occasionally
- Ability to swing a 20lbs sledgehammer
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Field: All weather and outdoor environments
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.