Company Profile: candi is a dedicated solar partner for businesses across Asia and Africa. with local expertise in these regions, we’re able to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, we aim to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets.
Our approach is to take the risk so our partners don’t have to, providing businesses with flexible, end-to-end solar and battery solutions that are built to last. Our shared value model leverages our experience in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering, and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems, lowering the barrier to entry and maximising returns. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Credit Analyst who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the India team:
- Job description
- Dealing with different quality of financial information, analysis of financial statements, identifying & making risk relevant adjustments & calculating key ratios
- Research into industries’ competitive environment and risk
- Taking a view in situations of limited information and giving solid motivation of the same
- Assessing corporate credit risk, rating corporates and writing concise credit notes on identified risk and mitigating factors
- Running KYC and background checks on companies and individuals, and advising the sales team on adequacy of counterparties
- Engaging in training of other departments on risk issues to establish a company-wide sentiment for risk appetite and adoption of a portfolio risk view
- Keeping up to date with economic and industry developments, networking with other financiers or risk rating agencies in the market
- Supporting the Head of Credit in the further advancement and improvement of in-house risk tools
Location: Gurgaon combined with working from home
Hours: Full time.
- CA/MBA Finance with working knowledge and 2+ yrs experience of Credit underwriting of corporate clients Portfolio monitoring
- Understanding the credit risk regulations set forth by RBI for NBFCs
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to analyse Financial statements, audit reports, cash flows, leverage, collateral and customer strength
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates astute judgment and advanced analytical skills in evaluating credit risk and other key risk factors"
- Effective industry research and professional networking skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we get it done as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
Candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where hybrid working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.