Scope of Work: Market Dynamics Consultant
Strategy and Insights
Indefinite Quantity Contract
Click here to see full SOW version
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). We strive to make it easier for people living in the developing world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire by making quality health products, services and information more affordable and accessible. We use our social marketing DNA and expertise to help shape functioning consumer-powered health market systems where quality, affordable care is closer to people’s communities and homes, accelerating progress toward Universal Health Coverage.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from medical professionals to music business entrepreneurs- all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
The Strategy & Insights (S&I) Department champions insight-driven prioritization across PSI, ensuring we are “doing the right things” even as we work on “doing things right.” The department promotes best practice in program design, marketing discipline, research, learning, and strategy development. S&I works with other departments to systematically capture, synthesize, and share internal and external evidence, consumer and market insights, competitive market intelligence, and program experience to guide global, market level, and program level strategy.
Sound like you? Read on.
Consultant tasks can include:
- Conducting or advising PSI country teams on conducting national health market landscape analysis, using PSI’s Keystone Design Framework, to identify market development constraints and opportunities to achieving sustainable, consumer-powered universal health coverage (UHC).
- Supporting the design and implementation of health system strengthening and market development interventions.
- Executing targeted capacity building, including developing and delivering training courses for country programs on market development approaches (MDA), providing technical leadership for the development of internal communities of practice, and engaging directly with key market development staff.
- Providing technical review of market development proposals, processes, and strategies to strengthen foundational theories of change.
- Developing and facilitating market development workshops, including digital-enabled remote workshops and workshops with multidiscipline and cross-sector stakeholders.
- Guiding local teams in prototype development, testing, and scale of market development interventions.
- Supporting country teams in influencing and partnering with broad health system stakeholders.
- Conducting desk reviews on MDA, total market approaches, and health systems strengthening to identify trends and developments in the industry relevant to PSI’s work.
- Developing program reports, success stories, and other knowledge products related to MDA, including, as required, dissemination of key products.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree (e.g., public health, health system strengthening, marketing, value chain analysis, political economy, systems analysis, competitive analysis)
- Health financing knowledge a plus
- Experience in public health program design and implementation
- International experience
- Experience conducting market landscape analysis
- Expert knowledge and experience applying market development approaches
- Experience developing theories of change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills with multidisciplinary, international groups
- French Portuguese, or Spanish language a plus.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis through July 2022
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.