All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Not open to US residents. The start date for this position is 12th September 2022.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of disasters. The position is responsible for managing the project workflow, providing technical support to construction teams and ensuring the quality and safety of all work carried out.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position Site Supervisor, Site supervisor Trainees, Team Leaders
- Approximate number of reports 2-6
- Responsible for managing the construction site(s), ensuring efficiency, quality control and dividing tasks among local workers and volunteers as necessary.
- Liaises with the Volunteer Relations Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow
- In communication with the Project Manager, develops an agreed set of safety and quality standards and design site protocols, in accordance with All Hands and Hearts Safety Management System, an ensures these standards are maintained
- Provides on-site technical support and guidance to Site Supervisor and Site Supervisor trainees. Supports Project Manager in implementing and mentoring SS and SST through their training program.
- Provides on-site technical support to Team Leaders and develops a training program to build capacity among Team Leaders.
- Develops weekly updated forecasts of project schedule based on progress, targets, and deliverables.
- Liaises with the Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow and ensure there are sufficient resources (materials, tools, equipment, subcontractors) to meet demands of the work.
- Maintains accurate tracking system of work completed, current progress, and the site deliveries.
- Supports the Project Manager in delivering the weekly and monthly project reports to the Program Director.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Performs other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent. Education in Construction and Building Trades preferred.
- Related Experience Must have a minimum of two years professional construction experience. Experience managing logistics, and coordination experience preferred. Familiarity with WASH structures and renovations in Europe preferred. Previous international travel experience preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Polish fluency desired. Driver’s license required. Good written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Strong Leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. The familiarity of international humanitarian standards including Sphere and HAP is an advantage.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. High-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $900-$1500 USD/ month, based on skills and experience.
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.