Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing the project workflow and ensuring the quality and safety of all work carried out.
- Reports to Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position Volunteer Team Leaders, Site Supervisors
- Approximate number of Reports 0-2
- Manages from one to multiple projects, generally overseeing the execution of construction projects and supporting team members in effective execution.
- Working with the Logistics Coordinator and Field Team to plan projects, submit item requests, and source materials for those projects, looking ahead at tool and material needs.
- In communication with the Project Manager, develops an agreed set of safety and quality standards and design site protocols to ensure these standards are maintained, conducting tool trainings and reviewing Methods Statements and SOPs as needed.
- Provides on-site technical support to Team Leaders and Site Supervisors and develops a training program to build capacity in Team Leaders.
- Organize and manage transport and telecommunications for teams in the field, in conjunction with the Logistics Coordinator or other field team member.
- Manage project-specific assessments of sites in the work queue and communicate assessment information and any special considerations to Team Leaders before starting new sites.
- Communicate clearly with beneficiaries regarding timelines for work completion and initiate feedback processes to ensure the work is meeting the assessed needs.
- Develop weekly updated forecasts of project schedule based on progress, targets, and deliverables.
- Maintain accurate tracking systems of worksites completed and current progress.
- Supports the Project Manager in delivering weekly and monthly project reports to the Program Director.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related Experience 1+ years professional construction experience. 1+ years managing logistics in a developing country is preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must have a valid driver’s license. Good written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Workspace, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets; and Microsoft Office. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Constantly works in outdoor adverse weather conditions
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 40 lbs on work site or on base
- Frequently operates construction equipment (table saws, impact drivers, drills, and more)
- Frequently operates computer
- Frequently ascends/descends ladders and scaffolding
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
- Frequent travel
- Living in communal environment
- High stress situations in an immediate post-disaster environment with limited amenities
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $950-$1550 USD/ month, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.