Do you have a passion for transportation engineering and providing technical solutions to meet the needs of your clients? Do you enjoy sharing your expertise with others and working collaboratively in a team environment? Are you a trusted technical advisor and problem solver? If this sounds like you, than Dillon is the place you need to be!
Dillon’s Transportation and Facilities technical group is looking for Construction Inspectors in the Manitoba area (east and west). These are temporary positions with the possibility of extension.
You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience. You will be a key part of our multidisciplinary group serving our private sector.
Tender Preparation and Contract Administration (100%)
- Contribute your technical expertise through leadership on a variety of transportation and other civil engineering projects, including design and contract administration of highway rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Preliminary and detailed design of urban roadway and rural highway rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Preliminary and detailed design of other civil infrastructure rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Prepare tender documents, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare site instructions, contemplated change notices, change in work orders, meeting minutes, requests for information, and progress estimates
- Provide site inspections during the construction of highway and other civil engineering projects
- Provide oversight to construction observers, surveyors, scale persons, and checkers
- Provide oversight of quality control and quality assurance activities
- Review contractor submissions during construction
What you will need to succeed
- A diploma in a related discipline of Engineering Technology
- 5 years' related work experience
- Experience as a resident inspector on provincial highway infrastructure projects or large private or municipal transportation infrastructure projects
- Experience leading or managing multidisciplinary construction teams
- Knowledge of industry standard contracts and specifications
- Working knowledge of relevant municipal/provincial standards and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of municipal servicing standards and environmental requirements
Why choose Dillon?
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing
- Creativity: discover new possibilities
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences
In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.s.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!