All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. This position is not open to US residents. The start date for this position is January 2023.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
Learn more about our Mexico Earthquake Relief program.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. This position is full-time and is responsible for community engagement, fostering strong bonds between the community and AHAH on all programs and conducting beneficiary selection as required. This position is also responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of AHAH work by collecting and responding to feedback.
- Reports to Program Director
- Roles reporting to position None
- The approximate number of reports 0
- Engage the community by building and maintaining relationships between the community, staff and volunteers. Involve the community in decisions and provide timely, relevant, and culturally sensitive support as needed.
- Identify the community, its boundaries, influencers and vulnerable populations through regular activities such as actor mapping
- Creating a community committee to ensure appropriate representation of various social groups and vulnerable populations
- Ensure clear communication between AHAH and the community
- Identify cultural factors (bi-directional) and create appropriate guidelines
- Provide transparency to the Community regarding AHAH projects and objectives
- Manage expectations by clearly communicating AHAH’s processes and methodologies
- Ensure communication with the local community and government authorities regarding project milestones, timelines and objectives
- Manage communication with neighboring communities to ensure cohesion
- Assist PD, OM and PM in the local hiring procedures and beneficiary support
- Facilitate renewal activities in line with the project scope including Disaster Risk Reduction training, WaSH training, and Community Led Projects
- Take a lead on community feedback, supporting the Program Director to implement a meaningful framework of monitoring & evaluation.
- In collaboration with the community, identify and create meaningful proposals for Community Led Projects. Empower community members throughout the creation and implementation stages of selected projects
- Support the Program Director in compiling program specific fortnightly and end of program reports for the organization
- Keep proper tracking of community meetings and events
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related Experience Previous experience working with All Hands and Hearts preferred. Minimum of one year’s experience working with community projects in developing countries.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Fluent Spanish speaker required. Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English) and must be fluent/native Spanish speaker. Confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based on program; communal living conditions. High stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $800-$1200 USD/ month, based on skills and experience.
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.