Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Vice President of Communications to support the work of Heifer International’s 11-member Global Communications Team. The Coordinator is a principal point person within the team for administrative, organizational and project tracking functions. This is a full-time remote position with flexible work schedule upon agreement with the supervisor. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications.
S/he will help navigate internal processes, organize meetings and events, and gather information to help fellow team members excel in their jobs. S/he will also provide support as needed for social media management as well as internal communications. The ideal candidate has excellent project management and administrative skills, is a confident multitasker, detail-oriented, possessing strong interpersonal skills and a proactive, professional work style.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Project Management support (35%)
- Manage & process multiple contracts and work orders
- Track spending against budgets & generate reports
- Support project management on major comms products (i.e. Annual Report, ENDS report)
B. Administrative Support (30%)
- Schedule regular communications team meetings; take notes & summarize action points
- Manage VP Comms calendar, schedule internal & external meetings
- Support team members on travel logistics
- Support external communications activities (i.e. webinars, events participation).
- Provide backup support for internal communications activities (such as town halls)
C. Coordination with other Heifer communications staff members and units (20%)
- Help facilitate information-sharing with comms colleagues in other departments & regions.
- Support other comms colleagues on branding & other key guidelines.
- Ensure global comms materials are readily accessible to other colleagues
D. Social Media Support (10%)
- Provide support in monitoring and posting content on selected Heifer social media channels.
- Coordinate as needed with marketing dept. social media team.
E. Other work-related duties, as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong project management skills
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office and online administrative tools
- Demonstrated administrative experience in a busy department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a global environment with international colleagues
- Experience with event management and organization
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Desire and sensitivity to work in diverse environment on big global issues and commitment to solving them
- Ability to exercise discretion and keep information confidential
- High energy, enthusiasm and ability to focus on organizational objectives
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across diverse teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with online administrative tools
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- May require working in front of a computer for extended periods
- Regular telephone, electronic and periodic face-to-face communication with colleagues around the world
- A commitment to professionalism, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information in a compelling way
- Willingness to travel domestically and possibly internationally
- Ability to communicate sensitive information appropriately to internal and external audiences
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to accommodate different time zones for meetings
Starting salary for this position is $58k - $60k USD annually. Placement within the range will be based on the competency level of the candidate:
• Minimum: Entry level, meets minimum qualifications. Needs guidance and training to perform key responsibilities of the job
• Midpoint: Experienced and fully competent. Can independently perform all responsibilities of the job
• Maximum: Highly experienced and can perform at a higher level than expected
**Disclaimer: Salary ranges are based on country location and local country salary scales.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection