InnovateEDU is a non-profit whose mission is to eliminate the opportunity gap by accelerating innovation in standards aligned, next generation learning models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU is committed to massively disrupting K-12 public education by focusing on the development of scalable tools and practices that leverage innovation, technology, and new human capital systems to improve education for all students and close the opportunity gap.
InnovateEDU partners with the Everyone Graduates Center at the Johns Hopkins University School of Education to support the National Partnership for Student Success (NPSS) Support Hub, which supports a nationwide initiative to get more holistic and evidence based supports to students in the form of tutors, mentors, success coaches, college advisors, and coordinators of wraparound supports.
To work closely with the staff at the Hub, InnovateEDU is seeking a full-time Communications and Events Associate to support marketing, communications, and event planning operations for the NPSS Support Hub. The Communications and Events associate will support the coordination of conferences, convenings, and webinars in collaboration with the NPSS Managing Director. Additionally, the associate will grow current communications strategies across channels such as newsletters and social media and develop new strategies for external and internal communications. This position will also be responsible for writing and editing copy for reports, resources, website text, and other written materials.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. Team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available. The position may require 20% travel to support events nationwide, many of which will take place in Washington, DC.
- Coordinate logistics for in-person convenings, conferences, and meetings, including supporting the creation of each event run-of-show, reserving space, catering, and/or furniture, purchasing travel and promotional materials, and more.
- Coordinate logistics for online webinars and programs, including setting up Zoom Webinar rooms, scheduling and leading webinar planning meetings, and communicating with speakers and audience members.
- Prepare slide decks and briefing materials for events and webinars in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director, Technical Assistance Directors, and external organizations to develop and submit speaking proposals, and prepare for nationwide conferences and speaking engagements.
- Represent the organization at in-person and virtual events, including speaking in front of audiences, introducing speakers, moderating discussions, and more.
Marketing & Communications
- Support the cultivation of professional and consistent brand identity for the NPSS Support Hub.
- Coordinate the NPSS Support Hub’s social media channels, campaigns, and outreach efforts including on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Support promotion of NPSS and NPSS Support Hub events, resources, opportunities, and requests for input from various stakeholder groups through a variety of digital channels including email, social media, newsletters, and monthly calls.
- Design (through platforms such as Canva or Adobe) digital communications materials for distribution to external audiences including graphics for social media, layout and design of resources and other print materials, and other materials.
- Compose and edit copy for external and internal communications, including press releases, publications, webpages, newsletters, social media posts, and other materials.
- Tailor language and speech to effectively reach target audiences with information about project offerings and mission.
- Support promotion of partner organizations’ events, materials, and priorities when appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of both internal and external marketing and communications strategy in collaboration with the Managing Director and other staff.
- Strategize the planning and implementation of events, communications, and other multichannel marketing materials to maximize productivity and increase audience engagement.
- Utilize tools like Salesforce to automate communications processes and increase efficiency and effectiveness of external communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience coordinating logistics and strategy for events and event promotions.
- Exceptional public speaking skills with experience leading events both virtually and in person.
- Writing proficiency with experience composing and editing copy for professional external audiences.
- A strong understanding of best practices for social media and newsletter communications and strategy, as well as a track record of implementing them.
- A strong understanding of public relations strategy, including the ability to write copy for press releases and digital communications materials.
- Experience building audiences and online followings for brands.
- Creative and critical thinking skills with attention to detail and the ability to work quickly with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and external stakeholders while accommodating multiple project demands and organizational priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff, external organizations, and funders.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and values including the commitment to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite and other social media platforms.
- Experience working with design platforms like Canva or Adobe and website builders such as Wordpress preferred
- Experience or interest in education preferred.
- Ability to move boxes or other items weighing up to 50 pounds
Consistent with our diversity, equity, and inclusion statement we strive to address systemic gaps in pay often present in our larger society as a result of gender, racial and ethnic identity, or sexual orientation. All candidates are pay scaled by an independent third-party service through an application which calculates the market rate for the applicant based on skills and qualifications, job duties, market conditions within the location of applicant, education and experience while leaving identifying identity markers blind. This position’s compensation range begins at $52,000-$62,000.