Social Solutions International, Inc. is hiring a
Overview of the Company
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Social Solutions is currently bidding for the anticipated USAID “Philippines, Pacific Islands and Mongolia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (PIMMELA) activity. This is a regional three-year $25 million-dollar regional contract (with the option to renew in year 4) based in Manila, Philippines. The activity will work collaboratively with the USAID/Philippines mission and its implementing partners (IPS) to provide rigorous monitoring & evaluation support, capacity development, performance management, collaborative Learning and adaptation and will also support the Mission’s Office of Health.
Overview of the Position
The CLA Director will serve as the Leader and overall, Director by providing organizational management consultations, capacity building, and learning support services to enhance learning and adaptive management capacities across the Mission, Field Office, implementing partner, and host country counterparts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support operationalization of collaboration, learning, adaptation (CLA) and knowledge management within USAID/Philippines and Field Offices throughout life cycle of activity.
- Enhance critical reflection on progress and challenges, active collaboration with stakeholders and feedback loops that incorporate performance information into the Mission’s decision-making.
- Focus on capacity building activities that bolster USAID staff and stakeholders M&E, learning, adaptability, overall performance management capabilities and skills and the organization of partner and stakeholder meetings to discuss progress and results.
- Support USAID in building organization capability and strengthening organization structures, to include transition planning, and strategy building and priority setting learning sessions designed for the Mission to effectively implement, monitor, adapt, and report on its activities in alignment with strategies and priorities.
- Development and tracking of a single, or office, sector, DO or country specific CLA plan and a Community of Practice.
- Propose and Support MERRLAA or Technical Working Groups to enhance CLA. The capacity building services will support the Mission’s evidence-based decision making across its portfolio.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and training in both large, and formal settings
- Strong interpersonal skills for informal coaching and mentoring settings
- Strong knowledge and experience in organizational change management
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of various learning and adaptive management approaches.
- Experience overseeing or implementing effective communications of M&E findings and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and/or facilitating use of innovative approaches for learning best practices and state-of-the art in design, methodologies and tools for disseminating and utilizing results of monitoring, research and evaluation for adaptive management.
- Experience in a mix of the above indicated skills areas are highly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners
Social Solutions International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.social solutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.