- Reporting to: Head of Growth Management Latam
- Department: Latam Growth Management
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Frequently
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of the rol
The Latam Commercial Manager will support the sourcing, originating, structuring and executing of commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects including:
- In conjunction with internal teams to prepare, evaluate, review and present papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment Committee and/or Board approval including market research, deal structuring & investment appraisal and valuation.
- Prepare accurate and detailed information for external parties including information memoranda, financial models, term sheets and pitch presentations etc.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess opportunities in new technologies, companies and markets globally and to evaluate Mainstream’s project pipeline.
- Support, in a leading capacity, the commercial negotiation of acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities.
- Assist with all commercial aspects of investments, bid submissions, due diligence and successful financial close processes.
- Maintain commercial relationships within the power sector.
- Source and negotiate PPA solutions, with appropriate risk allocation, and oversee the negotiation of the following core project documents:
- Term Sheets
- Joint Development Agreements
- NBO and BO
- Experience and detailed knowledge and understanding of energy regulation and market intelligence.
- Assist the teams on due diligence processes including the identification and mitigation of key project risks and the satisfaction of conditions precedents
- Managing relationships with tax and legal departments to optimise investment structures.
What you will do?
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide fundamental analysis, insights, and expertise in different Latin-American electricity markets with focus in the Brazilian, Colombian, Chilean and Peruvian.
- Monitor energy market design evolution in Chile, Brasil, Colombia, and Panama and analyse the impact of policy changes in those markets
- Risk analysis and understanding for the electricity market regulation with focus on factors that could affect Mainstream business for all the platforms of the companies
- Support the preparation of investment papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment committee and/or Board.
- Support financing team (i.e. financial modeller and market analysis)
- Review reports from market consulting companies.
- Provide and review assumptions in commercial model for MRP projects.
- Support acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
- PPA simulation for regulated and non-regulated costumers.
- Participate in regulatory discussion into the Latin America electricity market focusing in renewable energy business impact.
- Maintain updated the database of electricity market (spot prices, Energy, Power Plants, etc).
- Build commercial reports and/or regulatory framework reports to keep Chile and Dublin offices updated.
What we require?
- At least 10- year experience in the power sector, particularly in similar roles.
- An Electrical, Civil Engineering degree or similar is required.
- Master degree also required, preferable in an international institution.
- Knowledge about Latin American electricity markets is a must.
- An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials, and ability.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Advance English skill both oral and writing is a condition.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.