IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded early grade education activity in Jordan. This five-year activity will aim to advance national efforts to strengthen the caliber of pre- and in-service teacher education and improve Kindergarten through Grade Three foundational and socio-emotional skills across the Kingdom of Jordan. Based in Amman, the Chief of Party will oversee all aspects of program implementation, providing vision to the program and ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is contingent on funding. Citizens of Jordan or permanent residents with work authorization strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program, including a comprehensive vision for designing activities that will strengthen the caliber of pre- and in-service teacher education and improve Kindergarten through Grade Three foundational and socio-emotional skills across the Kingdom of Jordan.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID and develop productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including government officials, Jordanian early grade education institutions, other donors and implementers, program beneficiaries and others.
- Develop strong collaborative, supportive, and mutually respectful relationships with diverse team members, with other leaders at IREX, and with leaders at key stakeholder and partner organizations.
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule, within budget, and coordinated to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee program budgeting and forecasting, financial management, compliance and subgrants management.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting to ensure the program adapts as needed to meet objectives and learning is acquired and shared broadly to maximize impact and sustainability.
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout program implementation while also promoting an evidence-based positive youth development approach.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff; lead recruitment of specialized technical staff.
- Ensure that IREX’s safety and security policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations.
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience leading early grade education-focused programs with a master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management, etc.; or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 12 years or relevant experience also considered.
- Successful track record of supervising the implementation of complex donor-funded technical assistance programs of similar size (with strong preference for past USAID-funded program management experience in the Middle East).
- Strong understanding of the Jordanian context and or experience implementing programs in-country strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with early grade education institutions, senior government officials, international donors, industry, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee budgets and effectively plan both strategically and creatively to meet program objectives on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated technical expertise strengthening the caliber of pre- and in-service teacher education and improve Kindergarten through Grade Three foundational and socio-emotional skills across the Kingdom of Jordan.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; language skills in Arabic highly preferred.
Please click “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.