We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
Clouds House is one of Forward’s residential substance misuse treatment centre in East Knoyle, Wiltshire. Clouds delivers a structured 12 Step treatment programme, designed to help dependent substance users maintain abstinence and develop long term sustainable recovery. Over the last 38 years Clouds has helped over 12,000 clients work towards a life in recovery and helped to create a growing recovery culture through our alumni. Our ambition is to significantly increase this recovery capital, offering treatment to as many clients, irrespective of means, as possible.
What you will be doing?
Working 35 hours per week
N****o split shifts, no late evening work (latest finish is 6pm)
Working 1 weekend in 3
The Chef will join the Catering Team, providing three nutitional, well balanced meals a day to clients in treatment at Clouds House.
- Preparing and cooking
- Preparing lunch and dinner for clients and staff daily.
- Supervising breakfast – clients make their own toast for example.
- Additional lunches/buffets for meetings as ordered.
- Cater for the annual Clouds House reunion and other ad hoc events.
- Suppliers/stock control/waste management
- Maintain, monitor stock list and order supplies as necessary.
- Monitor quality of produce and raise issues with manager/supplier.
- Rotate produce as appropriate.
- Pay attention to waste and look for ways to reduce.
- Kitchen equipment and cleaning
- Report any issues with kitchen equipment to maintenance team.
- Clean down throughout the day and after each service.
- Maintain paperwork for COSHH
- Liaising with clients and treatment team
- Follow any instructions about dietary requirments for clients.
- Raise any concerns or issues about clients with treatment team
- Listen to clients feedback but maintain boundaries.
- Work with the other chefs to suggest and update menus in line with
What we are looking for?
Relevant Catering qualifications and previous catering experience (preferably in similar residential environment)
Ability to work alone using own initiative.
Ability to engage effectively with the client group, including holding strong professional boundaries
What we offer
- No split shifts, no late evening work (latest finish is 6pm)
- Working 1 weekend in 3 (with 3 days off if working weekend)
- Working in a charity environment where you know that your contribution is adding real value to clients' recovery
- Pension scheme
- Simply Health Plan (assists employees with their general health and wellbeing)
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
Chef (Clouds House)