Shorelight is hiring a
Cleveland State Global is a joint collaboration between Cleveland State University and Shorelight. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic success and likelihood of obtaining their degrees.
The Career Services Advisor (CSA) supports and prepares students for internships, postgraduate job searches, and various career aspirations. In addition to promoting Shorelight Career Services programs, the CSA develops and teaches career-readiness workshops and fosters relationships with local employers to facilitate connections between these employers and our students. The CSA collaborates closely with campus leadership teams and university partners affiliated with Shorelight. This role reports to the Assistant Director of Career Services (ADCS).
The CSA embodies energy and teamwork, driven by the desire to empower students for success in the professional world. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential. He/She/They think(s) creatively, demonstrate(s) professionalism in presentations, and has/have adept problem-solving abilities. The CSA thrives in a dynamic environment, is comfortable multitasking, adjusts quickly to shifting priorities, and manages time efficiently. Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated tact, patience, sensitivity, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers, is essential.
This role is hybrid with an expectation of spending two to three days on campus at the Cleveland State Global office.
· Support ADSC to integrate all concepts and details for Shorelight Career Services into any new program and/or product launches
· Promote Student Success Solutions Career products during presentations and other campus events
· Design, present, and/or coordinate career preparation and professional development curriculum, workshops, and classroom presentations for assigned Shorelight partners
· Utilize discretion and judgment while working with confidential and sensitive student information during the career orientation, program adoption, and career coaching process
· Conduct one-on-one progress and coaching sessions
· Assist students in navigating the career development, planning, and implementation process by leading students through the Shorelight Career Services Programs
· Liaise with vendors and partners to ensure successful student placement through Career Services programs
· Assist students with preparation for participation in educational internships, postgraduate job searches, and other career goals
Data Management and Integrity
· Accurately record and update student information, including participation in workshops, one-on-one sessions, and career development progress.
· Maintain organized and up-to-date records of student interactions with the Career Services team
· Adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines when handling student data, ensuring compliance with relevant data protection regulations
· Collaborate with the university's career centers to identify employer needs and trends in the job market, ensuring that career services remain aligned with industry demands
· Organize employer-focused initiatives, such as guest speaker sessions, panel discussions, and workshops, to connect students with industry professionals and expose them to various career paths
· Coordinate employer feedback mechanisms to gather insights on student performance, identify areas for improvement, and enhance the quality of internship and job placements
· Work closely with the Marketing Team to showcase successful student-employer partnerships and testimonials to attract more employers to engage with Shorelight students
· Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures
· Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you
· Promptly respond to any security evens, incidents, or weaknesses to Shorelight security
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1+ years’ experience in career services and experiential education, recruiting, or human resources
· Experience working with international students and ability to exhibit cross-cultural awareness and understanding
· Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
· Master’s Degree
· Technical aptitude and experience with spreadsheets and/or databases
· Teaching, training, or group facilitation experience
· Agency recruiting experience and knowledge of industry trends
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required - Identity, Education, Criminal
Cleveland State Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.