Position: Call Center Coordinator
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2022, we have facilitated crop insurance cover to over 6.6 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, our ways of working are informed by our Pula DNA, our culture. The Pula DNA is represented in four pillars as indicated below:
- Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
- Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
- Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
- We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
About the Role
Pula is seeking experienced, motivated and energetic personnel to fill in a vacant position of a Call Centre Coordinator to be based in Zambia.
This is a challenging and equally rewarding role that requires a results-oriented person with a positive attitude, excellent organization and communication skills. The candidate will be required to perform the following duties involving call center coordination;
- Participate in Weekly Calls with HQ and provide timely updates and priorities
- Ensure systems are running smoothly between Call Centre, PULA HQ team and Field team
- Create and continually improve call centre scripts, FAQ lists and escalation procedures
- Build relationships with staff and Clients
- Update task tracking using Google Documents, Whatsapp and other Software as requested.
- Submit daily and Weekly KPIs as requested
- Creating budgets and tracking expenses
- Lead Implementation of Surveys and reporting
- Support with any challenges related to registration and claims processing
- Set targets for the support desk agents and make sure that action plans are completed.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems
- Support a team of 3 to 5 or more Support desk agents where necessary
- Hire, train, coach and motivate support desk agents to provide high quality customer service.
- Support desk performance management
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Diploma/Degree in Customer Engagement, Business Management, Marketing or IT, those with a good understanding of call centre technology will have an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Bemba, Tonga or Lozi will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in data -rich settings with high analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills-both orally and in wiritng.
- Excellent multitasking, time management and leadership skills
- Work experience with Customer Service roles.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position
- Strong problem solving-ability and analytical skills
To learn more about Pula:
- TED Talk: Crop Insurance, an Idea Worth Seeding
- New York Times: He Grew up on a Farm. Now, He Helps Protect Them
- The Economist: The Poor, Who Most Need Insurance, Are Least Likely to Have It