The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Buyer is responsible for ensuring there is adequate purchase order coverage in place for both Insourced and Outsourced manufacturing as well as ensuring shipping activity and documentation is compliant with policies and meets internal and external auditor requirements. Additionally, this position will support the administration of the billing verification and reconciliation process. The Buyer will also support performance tracking, measurements and reporting. The Buyer is a key tactical interface for customer order status.
The Buyer identifies and ensures all orders are scheduled to meet on-time delivery to the manufacturing locations and customer locations. Responsible for giving direction on order priorities and shipment urgencies. Ensures all transactions are properly performed for order processing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Understanding factory capacity, capabilities & processes.
- Convert forecast into supply plan to meet production requirements.
- Maintain an Excel based MRP report to identify material requirements
- Create/Cancel/change/delete P.O.’s in ERP system
- Run Excel MRP reports and manage signals for open orders, change requests, backlog, etc.
- Expedite supplier commitments when needed; proactively communicate late shipments and / or deliveries.
- Running forecast simulations on forecasted demand, evaluating coverage.
- Perform invoicing transactions in ERP system
- Production buying in support of Insourced manufacturing locations
- Responsible for tactical logistics from supplier to production for all insourced business
- Root cause analysis, Issue resolution and technical/analytical support.
- Development, analysis and distribution of Key Performance Metrics.
- Monitor clear to build and work with planner to resolve any issues that arise.
- Proactively provide product supply status to planner and other functional groups within Supply Chain/Operations.
- Identify key trends that could negatively impact supplier delivery and implement processes to alleviate.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve supply chain and operations efficiency.
- Participate in and proactively manage new product introduction processes and coordinate changes.
- Managing all aspects of material requirements, including inventory levels, monthly delivery performance, and issue identification and escalation.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a collaborative relationship with Operations
- Mitigates excess and obsolete inventory.
- Identify and prioritize production or delivery to resolve any shortfalls
- Work with the Manufacturing partners and internal Sensus teams to ensure on-time delivery of products to customers
- Reconcile AR/AP issues and drive root cause and corrective actions
- Drive continuous improvement through implementing best practices and system enhancements.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Supply Chain/ Purchasing/Planning
- Skilled at multi-tasking with flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- Possess knowledge of supplier ordering and inventory practices and fulfillment processes.
- Good working knowledge of the processes and systems that reside across the supply chain.
- Possess strong analytical skills and overall business acumen knowledge.
- Excellent math and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally within the company.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, JIT and Kanban is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment that demands a cooperative approach in addressing issues, a willingness to contribute to problem solving efforts, a helpful nature in assisting coworkers, and a positive attitude.
- Good experience with ERP/MRP systems and transactions.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility Office:
- Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.