Company Profile: candi is a dedicated solar partner for businesses across Asia and Africa. Combining the international capital of our Swiss-based platform with local expertise in these regions, we’re able to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, we aim to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets.
Our approach is to take the risk so our partners don’t have to, providing businesses with flexible, end-to-end solar and battery solutions that are built to last. Our shared value model leverages our experience in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering, and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems, lowering the barrier to entry and maximising returns. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: candi is seeking a highly motivated and analytical Intern to help optimise the business processes and tool ecosystem across all divisions, globally.
The job requires taking ownership of the following for the Global team:
- Are you keen on collaborating with teams across divisions to understand their specific user needs and challenges?
- Are you interested in analysing operational processes and evaluating existing digital tools and systems to identify inefficiencies and ideate improvement suggestions?
- Do you know how to apply Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to develop and implement process improvements where applicable?
- Do you like to work closely with the IT team to implement digital solutions that enhance efficiency and communication?
- Are you familiar with developing dashboards and reports to visualize key performance indicators (KPIs) using digital BI tools?
- Are you strong in quantitative analytics?
- Are you interested in a client-centric, innovation-driven and agile working culture and to take on responsibilities early on?
- Do you have or are you pursuing a degree in industrial / business engineering or service design?
- Would you describe yourself as highly analytical with excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills?
- Are you convinced that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually?
- Are openness, honesty, trustworthiness and proactivity qualities that you can attribute to yourself?
- Do you enjoy working in an international environment solving problems across geographical boundaries and cultural diversities?
Location: Johannesburg, with flexibility for remote working.
Hours: Full time (five days per week)
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Ticking most of the boxes? Please fill in the online application!