Youth Guidance is hiring a
***Please note that this is an internal (current YG employees only) onsite position, local travel in the Boston area is required***
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success. Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 11,000 youth while touching the lives of more than 17,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
Position Summary: The BTA Curriculum Specialist is responsible for providing support and consultation for BAM Counselors regarding curriculum implementation via curriculum development/revision, curriculum cohort training, and on-site/off-site coaching to ensure program fidelity and BAM Counselor professional development while reporting to BTA Senior Curriculum Specialist.
• Provides BAM Counselors with ongoing coaching, both on-site and off-site, via the 10-step Coaching Model and 5 areas of Conceptual Feedback
• Supports, builds, and shares best practices with BAM Counselors to ensure positive student outcomes by providing guidance in the areas of professional responsibilities, prioritization, time, and resource allocation
• Participates in ongoing staff development, as needed, to stay current with ongoing program area trends and/or to keep professional credentials updated
• Assures the agency’s core values and key concepts are interwoven into program design and implementation, as allowed by program stakeholders
• Provides ongoing BAM curriculum development and revision when required
• Provides clinical training to assigned BAM cohort
• Serves as co-leader for BAM cohort training and lead trainer as needed
• Ensure the continued implementation and execution of the BAM program by filling in for the Counselor role during vacancies as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s Degree required in social work, human services, or counseling related to the area or currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree aforementioned programs at an accredited university program required or High School Diploma with a minimum of 10 years of Mankind Project, Victories of the Heart, or Inward Journey experience and certification
• Five years of work experience in education, human service, youth development, or social service field
• Experience in administration and program development is preferred
• Three years working as BAM Counselor preferred
• Demonstrated passion and dedication to the agency’s mission and the continuous improvement of service quality
• Succinct and clear verbal and written communication skills
• Proven accountability of timely documentation and attendance to meetings.
• Demonstrated strong coaching and leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
• Ability to function in group and team settings with the capacity to be solutions-focused, task-driven, and innovative in those settings
• Demonstrated BAM program/curriculum competence and expertise
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The duties performed are primarily in a school setting and working with the public, COVID-19 vaccination is required
Frequent travel - must be willing and able to travel nationally/internationally on a monthly basis for up to one week stays
What Youth Guidance offers:
We offer a robust package for eligible candidates including:
At Youth Guidance, we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are fundamental to realizing our vision of bright and successful futures for all young people. We celebrate the diversity of youth and recognize them as empowered leaders, problem-solvers, and experts of their own experiences. At the same time, we acknowledge that many systems and institutions meant to support youth are inequitable and unjust.
As such, we are committed to advancing DE&I through our words and our actions, both internally and externally, by:
Youth Guidance is an equal-opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.