World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Associate Specialist, Climate Communications
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks an Associate Specialist, Climate Communications, to support its climate team communications strategy. Under the direction of the Senior Director, Climate Communications, the Associate Specialist is responsible for supporting the Climate Communications Team to create, distribute and monitor communications products that raise awareness and promote action towards WWF climate strategy goals. The climate communications team uses all available avenues to highlight the successes of our climate work and the challenges posed by the climate crisis, so that the WWF climate strategy can deliver on its international climate goals.
- Provides assistance to WWF’s communications team generally by facilitating, managing, and coordinating various projects and functions. This includes maintaining the communications calendar, coordinating meetings and events, and managing business processes and approvals.
- Support various social media strategies connected to the climate strategy, including overall program social media, thought leadership strategy for senior climate staff, and for the America Is All In project. This will include drafting language and creating content, scheduling posts, and designing and distributing toolkits.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a library of communications materials, including talking points, messaging documents, presentation decks, and reports in SharePoint and Google Drive. Assists in maintaining a cohesive web presence for WWF’s climate work on the WWF-US website.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Director, assists in fulfilling requests from Marketing and other departments to manage information requests, content review, and other requests as needed to facilitate climate communications objectives and assist other goal teams and functions within WWF.
- Assists in managing the workflow of the team by staffing calls and meetings with WWF staff, stakeholders, and partners, taking notes and coordinating follow ups in collaboration with Supervisor.
- Coordinates with other program staff and departments (including WWF-International and Network) to assist senior team members in coordinating project activities.
- Interacts with representatives of WWF-International, other WWF offices and associate organizations, representatives of conservation organizations, universities, NGOs, corporations, and/or government agencies as needed to help coordinate the work of the Climate Communications Team .
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years professional experience in communications, conservation and/or comparable relevant experience.
- Knowledge of conservation, climate change and/or international development issues is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop expertise while keeping up with administrative and logistical tasks upon which the team relies.
- Ability to set priorities, manage a multitude of details simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate effectively in a matrixed team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, and other creative software tools (Canva, WordPress) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required -- knowing when to use courtesy, tact and/or diplomacy to effectively communicate with all constituents.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #23111**
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.