Sacred Heart Community Service is hiring an
Associate Director of Development
Hybrid: combination of onsite and remote work
Sacred Heart Community Service, located in San José, CA, is looking for a Full-Time, Exempt, Associate Director of Development in our Community Resource Development department to collaborate on our fundraising and communications strategy. This individual must be highly organized and possess a solid record of fund development and/or marketing accomplishments, superior writing and strategic communications skills, an ability to work flexibly and creatively, and have a passion for our mission – to build a community free from poverty. For 58 years, SHCS has been one of the leading institutions in addressing poverty in Santa Clara County. We provide essential services, work together to improve our lives and organize for social and economic justice benefitting over 25,000 families each year.
The Associate Director of Development provides leadership in SHCS’ efforts to identify, cultivate, and secure financial support for and community awareness of the vision, mission, and work of SHCS. As a leader in the development team, this position is responsible for three annual appeals (online and mail solicitation), mass communications including monthly e-newsletters and website, managing two grant writers and ensuring all gifts are properly processed and acknowledged with the assistance of a Development Associate. This role also assists with special events and other marketing and communications efforts as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Fund Development (55-65%)
● Develops, tracks, and analyzes area goals aligned with the agency's strategic priorities.
● Supports continuous learning, evaluation, and improvement within the Community Resource Development team.
● Supports the planning of and participates in agency-wide programs, events, and outreach efforts.
● Supports the planning of and attends staff meetings, retreats, and other team and agency events.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Strong commitment to our vision of a community united to ensure that every child and adult is free from poverty.
● Occasional evening and weekend work required.
● Must work onsite in our San Jose offices 2-3 days per week.
● The position requires computer use 6-8 hours per day. The physical demands described here are representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with differing abilities to perform the essential functions.
● Must complete a DMV and a background check, and qualify to be insured under SHCS driving policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Two years experience as a grant writer or grants manager
● One or more years experience processing donations
● Graphic design or experience creating marketing collateral
● Experience engaging volunteers and developing leaders
● Bilingual and biliterate in English and preferably Spanish or Vietnamese.
Position is exempt, full-time, and reports to the Senior Director of Community Development.
This is an exempt, salaried position ranging from $80,000 to $95,000/year commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical insurance for employees and majority paid medical insurance for qualified dependents, dental insurance, vision insurance, 13 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days per year, paid vacation starting at 10 days per year, additional wellness benefits, basic life and long-term disability insurance, professional development and more.
Sacred Heart Community Service is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. SHCS is committed to building a team of people of diverse ethnic, cultural, and experiential backgrounds. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities, people of color, women, people living with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. It is the policy of Sacred Heart Community Service to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition or genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. SHCS will conform to the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
April 2022, RW