Job Title: Associate Director of Data & Policy
Reports to: Ian Gabriel, Director of Data, Policy & Planning
FLSA Classification: Exempt / Full-Time
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Compensation: $90k - $110k (Dependent on Experience) with Benefits
Created / Updated: October 12, 2023
ABOUT LIFT TO RISE
Lift to Rise works to achieve a future where all Coachella Valley families are healthy, stable, and thriving. To this end, Lift to Rise catalyzes both institutional and grassroots leaders to effectively collaborate and shift their attention and activities toward mutually reinforced interventions that address the underlying causes of poverty in the region. To learn more, please visit: http://lifttorise.org
Community: We believe that community voice and leadership must be central to planning, implementation, and evaluation of our work.
Racial Equity: We seek and value all types of diversity, and strive to dismantle inequities, including those present in ourselves, our organizations, and our communities.
Innovation: We believe change is possible, are not afraid to try new ways to solve old problems, and take initiative to learn, cross boundaries, and overcome obstacles.
Results: We set bold, clear goals, measure progress, and use data informed by the community to make decisions and hold ourselves and each other accountable.
Servant Leadership: We build trust with partners, step up when others need help, and seek to lift up and support the leadership and actions of others.
Belonging: We create teams and spaces where people are celebrated, feel care and love, practice empathy, and work through differences.
The Associate Director of Data & Policy will work collaboratively with staff, partner organizations, and stakeholders to inform, design, and implement evidence-based strategies and programs that advance the organization’s mission and action plan. The Associate Director of Data & Policy will support existing work as well as new and emerging opportunities through data, policy, and research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, support, and maintain the organization’s data infrastructure and data management protocols.
- Write policy briefs, memos, reports, op-eds, blog posts, talking points, and other written materials for internal and external audiences.
- Support on grant proposals and applications for funding.
- Stay current on the local, state, and federal policy landscape across relevant policy areas and develop evidence-based recommendations for solutions that advance affordable housing production and economic mobility in the Coachella Valley.
- Generate data visualizations and presentations that effectively and simply communicate complex topics pertaining to affordable housing policy/finance and community development.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to answer questions about housing stability and economic mobility outcomes for Coachella Valley residents and prepare or contribute to memos (or other deliverables) discussing methods and results of analyses.
- Assist in survey, study, and program design and support organization by providing technical assistance (e.g., set-up integrations between programs; internal databases).
- Conduct background research and collect data across multiple policy domains and synthesize research findings.
- Manage assigned projects to ensure the timely completion and release of research reports and other deliverables.
- Support the organization’s efforts to work in collaboration with partner organizations through research and data.
- Develop and deepen relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in organization-wide action planning and strategy development.
- Other duties, as assigned, dependent on organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in Public Policy, Planning, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in housing policy, community development, or related field.
- Progressively responsible work experience and demonstrable work product from prior roles.
- Proficiency with data analysis/statistical and GIS mapping software e.g. STATA, R, Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce, ESRI ArcGIS Pro, etc.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and outside contacts with flexibility.
- Must maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in diverse communities.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed across the Coachella Valley and other locations.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid CA state Driver's License, clean driving record, and current auto insurance.
- A passion and authentic commitment to justice and equity for people of all ethnicities, races, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic circumstances, physical and mental abilities and characteristics, and philosophies.
- Genuine commitment to resident and community issues, as well as to maintaining the integrity of the vision, mission, and values of Lift To Rise.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to frequently walk, sit, and perform other job duties in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Able to occasionally stand for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to operate computer and laptop for extended periods of time.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 30-40 pounds without assistance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter that clearly indicates how your experience and qualifications align with this position through https://lifttorise.bamboohr.com/careers/46. We encourage you to be detailed and direct in your cover letter, so we can best understand your interest and potential fit. Incomplete applications will not be considered.