Shorelight is hiring an
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Assistant Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, assists the Recruitment Manager in executing a student recruitment growth strategy across the North China Region that targets international students seeking U.S. university degrees. The role includes account management of Shorelight’s regional network of recruiters, schools, and universities, along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
• Execute Shorelight’s university partners’ student recruitment growth strategies, partnering with the Recruitment Manager as well as Shorelight’s other functional departments for all branding, strategies, activities, and collateral.
• Help manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships.
• Own channel expansion goals and ensure market penetration in the sales territory.
• Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and reporting on all phases of the recruitment process to the Recruitment Manager, using technology systems and tools.
• Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
• Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners, and other external institutions and vendors.
• Execute efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with a strong focus on the conversion of inquiries to applications.
• Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure a smooth entry into the school or program (working with finance offices on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions, as necessary; assisting incoming students with form completion; coordinating arrival transportation for new, incoming students; etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in sales, marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
• Proficient in English, Native in Chinese
• 3+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in North China
• Strong sales and account management skills
• Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
• Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
• Willingness to travel
• Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
• Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results, and pressure-resilience
• Existing network and relationships within the education industry in North China; strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products; and US higher education are all pluses
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter or send application to email@example.com
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.