Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers Singapore team. If you share in our vision of securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets, your future is here.
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water and oceans, sustainable land use, and sustainable cities. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
The Asset and Financial Manager will be based in Singapore and report to the Regional Head of Asia. The core focus of this role will be on Asia within Renewable Energy and Water Infrastructure. Travel, will at times be required to countries within the CFM portfolio.
- Principle Manager involved during the origination, ownership, and divestment of assets
- Coordination of board meetings
- Report on the financial performance of assets for CFM and investors
- Manage asset cashflow requirements including construction drawdowns, debt service, supplier invoices and shareholder distributions
- Manage and optimise hedging strategy, including FX, interest rate and inflation exposures
- Analyse future hedging needs
- Develop strong working relationships with the project finance lender agency teams
- Ensure best practice is implemented in terms of accounting, financial management and financial reporting including the company secretarial mandate for all assets
- Portfolio valuation
- Management of contractors (commercial, technical and maintenance), management of the relationship with public authorities and other shareholders
- Financial degree or equivalent
- Prior senior Financial Management experience, advantageous
- 8 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance) with previous experience in the Renewable Energy (preferred) or Water sector
- Proven ability to work across technical/financial and legal aspects of a transaction and work with various specialists internally and with government/shareholder/lender type stakeholders to provide transaction leadership
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic, and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Experience with working in Asia or other emerging markets is a plus.
To apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.