Company Profile: candi is a dedicated solar partner for businesses across Asia and Africa. Combining the international capital of our Swiss-based platform with local expertise in these regions, we’re able to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, we aim to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses of all sizes in emerging markets.
Our approach is to take the risk so our partners don’t have to, providing businesses with flexible, end-to-end solar and battery solutions that are built to last. Our shared value model leverages our experience in customisable finance and performance offerings, quality engineering, and data-enabled asset management to help guarantee optimised systems, lowering the barrier to entry and maximising returns. www.candi.solar
Job Summary:.The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Asset Data Acquisition Engineer, who will help candi to further deliver premium solar solutions. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and proactive involvement.
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the Indian team:
- Setup and management of data acquisition hardware & infrastructure from the plants to the data servers.
- Examples of hardware include data loggers, meters, sensors, PLC’s, site networking & telecommunications, routers.
- Utilizing a variety of communication protocols between the hardware types and the transfer of data to and from servers and other remotely connected hardware.
- Data specification compliance, validity, integrity and delivery consistency
- Plant power controller setup between solar, Inverter, generator and battery hybrid system options where applicable.
- Support the Asset Management team in resolving plant issues.
- Primary interface between local Asset management team and global Asset Intelligence team on data acquisition topics, issues and related systems development
- Support local and global Data Intelligence systems development projects where applicable.
Experience : 3 - 5+ years PV industry or related industry work experience in commissioning, diagnosing & troubleshooting data systems & related hardware
Location: Gurgaon combined with working from home
Hours: Full time.
- Appropriate qualification (BTech / BEng / Energy Systems / Data Science / Networking), or justified
- Hands-on ability and experience working on site, especially with AC/DC Power Systems / IT systems / SCADA / Industrial Automations
- Highly analytical and able to manually complement data sets.
- Interested in programming code and how software contributes to a more sustainable energy supply
- Experience and skills in Data Analytics and Engineering is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and Python is a plus
- Desire to work in an international environment, sharing ideas and learnings across borders and cultures
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we get it done as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where hybrid working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.