Position at Ashoka
The Engagement and Advocacy Manager at Ashoka will:
- Innovate, design and implement customized in-person and virtual engagement activities aligned with the E-2's legacy journey
- 10+ years of experience in sales, relationship management, international development or strategic partnerships
- Experienced practitioner who has led and understands the realities of delivering programs in a global organization
- Work hand in hand with Marketing & Communications director to ensure these activities are communicated using appropriate channels
- Ensure that the E-2's engagement with Ashoka continues to meet his/her vison and that Ashoka serves as a life-partner
- Actively track E-2 engagement through the milestones of involvement (Sustenance Circle, Impact Circle, etc.)
- Liaise regularly with Ashoka program/product/pathway leaders to co-create revenue generating for E-2 engagement activities
- Liaise with members of Ashoka’s network including Fellows, Ashoka Young Changemakers, Ashoka support Network (ASN), Senior Fellows and Advisors to facilitate introductions and incorporate E-2's into the network
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure smooth logistics/implementation of carefully curated in-person and virtual engagement activities
- Understanding of Ashoka’s EACH framework and the interconnectedness of Ashoka’s pathways and products to E-2 or willingness to learn quickly
- 10+ years of experience in sales, relationship management, international development or strategic partnership
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to identify and implement long-term institutional / pathway building ideas
- Exceptional research, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Be visionary and strategic but with a strong attention to detail.
- Hunger to advance an Everyone A Changemaker (EACH) world
- Enjoys building a healthy, happy workplace and team with a real emphasis on team culture
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs**.** Ashoka has been pioneering the field of social entrepreneurship for 35 years—finding, selecting, and supporting the world’s leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows). Our network of over 3,000 Ashoka Fellows is successfully implementing system-changing solutions to human and environmental problems in almost every area of need, in 90 countries. By learning from and collaborating with social entrepreneurs, we identify patterns and key levers to help society gain a new framework for living in the world as a changemaker. We believe that everyone should be enabled with the qualities that define a social entrepreneur. Building on our extensive experience with social entrepreneurs, we build and activate networks to create fundamental changes in the growing up experience of children and young people so that everyone can become a changemaker. We are investing in the people and patterns of collaborative entrepreneurship that are necessary in an Everyone a Changemaker world.
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. Women, minorities and foreign nationals with I-9 employment status are encouraged to apply.