AP Team Leader
Sr. Manager / Manager
Reports to (Solid):
Reports to (Dotted):
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
The Invoice to Payment (I2P) AP Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team, driving process improvements and standardization to meet internal and external service delivery expectations. This individual reports to the regional leader and is a strategic business partner providing support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
The role requires a self-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in managing the day-to-day operation of the Vadodara I2P Hub.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Work as a regional point of escalation for local business unit leaders and external service provider for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Leverage business expertise to provide functional support and develop training to various end-users as it relates to invoice processing and payment
- Serve as a business partner with Xylem’s third party shared service partner for escalation and problem resolution pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and Invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
- Support I2P Leadership by driving problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Provide local and regional support to end-users on finance policies
- Function as subject matter expert and drive best practice processes regarding Vendor Master Data, invoice processing and payments.
- Lead user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes, in partnership with the Financial Systems and the project team
- Manage audit requests and month end close activities, as needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Xylem’s external service provider to assess the efficiencies of our processes and the effectiveness of our internal controls. Based on that assessment, proactively make recommendations and take steps aimed at improving processes, increasing efficiencies and strengthening internal controls
- Create ad-hoc reporting for leadership, effectively communicating with our business partners and leading special or cross-functional projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key performance indicators (KPI) and the metrics against which the team is assessed. As a strategic partner, take steps in support of team goals and priorities aimed at improving the end user experience and improving the performance of the team as measured by key metrics.
- Partner with internal and external auditors, providing documentation and research assistance, as needed
- Lead and develop the team with a focus on developing and coaching employees to achieve agreed objectives
- Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work period’s, or otherwise to balance the workload.
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Responsible for the vendor master management for units within the team’ scope.
- Responsible for analysis of the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account, working with Xylem’s third party financial shared service partner to investigate and clear aged items.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
Finance project management
Continuous improvement mindset
Intelligent risk management
Developing capability (for people manager)
Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- External: External Audit, Consultants, Vendors, Banks, third party financial shared service partner
- Internal: Financial team (especially Record to Report team (RTR), Operations, Commercial, Functional Support, and Finance CI leaders), Procurement team, Internal Audit, local business users and management
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- CA/CA Inter/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent professional accounting qualification and/or professional accounting experience.
- 5+ years of high volume Accounts Payable Accounting experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
- 3+ years of experience managing a team in a shared service environment with a focus on developing and coaching employees
- Solid understanding of the end to end Invoice to Pay process, including sub ledger and general ledger account balancing and reconciliation
- Strong analytical skills and data analysis ability with the background and a deep knowledge of business systems applications.
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Evaluate and differentiate employee performance
- Vendor Relations experience, strong customer service skills
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives and implementing solutions; Ability to recognize and recommend changes
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Previous experience leading process improvement initiatives is required
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; Excellent follow through skills
- Proficient with an ERP system and experience using Invoice to Pay workflow tools.
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience in preparing and organizing reporting and presentations effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Fluent in written and spoken business level English
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Six Sigma certification or similar Continuous Improvement qualification
- SOX compliance/internal controls
- Familiarity with local and regional regulatory/compliance requirements
- Fluent in English language
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office work à Sitting, standing, typing on a computer at desk, participating in phone calls
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office / work from home environment (pending COVID pandemic situation).
Standard weekly job hours:
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).
Additional Required Information for Job Evaluation:
Organization Chart (manager to attach):
- Financial responsibility
- Organizational accountability
- Decision making authorities
- Operational impact