Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a trailblazing legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the 1.8 billion people who are left out of, or poorly served by, the financial sector. For more than 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 200 partners in 63 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Global Advisory Solutions (GLAS):
We are a diverse and close-knit global team with one common social purpose: building a financially inclusive world for small businesses and low-income households. We are passionate about what we do — working with a wide range of financial service providers and other partners across the world to build sustainable businesses that open opportunity for those that have been underserved by the financial system for too long. We enjoy solving problems, being exposed to new ideas, sharing information, and asking, “what if?”.
About our IMPACT Career Acceleration Program**:**
The Global Advisory Solutions IMPACT Program is a 2-year career acceleration program that offers aspiring leaders the opportunity to develop knowledge and deepen their understanding of inclusive finance. This global program is geared toward individuals who have waded into development or finance through completing a graduate program or taking on an entry level role and are interested in a career focused on consulting services in the impact space.
The IMPACT program is a starting point for a career in the consulting space and a unique opportunity for curious and innovative individuals who have a passion for social change to make an IMPACT. In this program you will:
Imagine the possibilities for inclusive finance in a digital world.
Make a tangible difference both local and global.
Plug into different technical areas and get hands on experience.
Access targeted trainings and webinars related to your focus area.
Create viable solutions with a team of experts.
Test ideas and share learnings.
This Analyst position will support three components of GLAS work: Project Assignments, Proposals & Business Development, and Internal Business Practices. During the first year of the IMPACT program the Analyst will have the opportunity to gain exposure and experience in different technical (capability) areas. Each Analyst will have the opportunity to obtain hands-on project experience that will include a learning agenda tailored for that individual. Our standards of excellence are grounded in 1) our values of respect, excellence, and passion for social change and 2) our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Participate in project assignments designed to identify and define issues, review, and analyze evidence, and document business processes. Prepare working papers to support results of engagements.
- Contribute to the development of project plans including but not limited to the following: supporting the development of fieldwork task schedules, scheduling and preparing for workshops and interviews, gathering documentation, and liaising with client staff.
- Learn more about client business conditions by supporting interviews with client management to gain an understanding of client business conditions.
- Conduct market scans and analyze key trends (regulation, technological changes, competition, etc.) to identify market opportunities or risks and threats. Compile findings in country dossiers and presentations.
- Provide support to the team in the coordination and communication of the results of consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Participate in the drafting of reports and the presentation of the reports to senior advisor(s) for review.
- Other related projects and learning opportunities as assigned.
Proposals & Business Development:
- Learn about and support end to end the proposal development and submission process.
- Engage in networking events related to GLAS service offerings.
Internal Business Practices:
- Support internal innovation through active engagement in the identification and recommendation of innovative solutions to improve internal work processes.
- Other work duties as assigned.
First year IMPACT agenda will include:
- The opportunity to meet with regional heads to discuss business trends and current projects.
- Participate in a Problem/Solution Challenge.
- Be introduced to and have the ability obtain learning opportunities in each GLAS capability area.
- Learn about different areas within Accion including the Center for Financial Inclusion, Venture Lab, and Global Investments.
- Mentee/Mentor opportunity.
- Passion for the social sector and keenness toward technology-enabled business models.
- Experience of 2+ years in a reputed consulting organization or fintech or financial services provider.
- MBA or equivalent with a background in or inclination toward infotech, financial services, or social sector is preferred.
- Innovative mind-set and fresh perspective to the design and development of new and existing business models to support clients in achieving break-through results.
- Ability to study and quickly understand business processes, team dynamics and customer needs.
- Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions.
- Curious mindset & demonstrated initiative to learn the developments in fintech and financial inclusion domain, an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent people skills, experience with multi-cultural environments is preferred.
- Proven multi-tasking skills with a positive, can-do attitude and an approach of “every job is important.”
- Team player who enjoys working in a semi/un-structured environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French or Spanish is a bonus.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated fluency in financial modelling tools such as Excel.
- Ability to create visually appealing presentations.
- Willingness to travel (30-40%).
- Interest in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.