The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Technical Project Manager (TPM) is a key member of the Global Software Standards and Services team. This role is responsible for observing and eliciting requirements for projects and initiatives. The TPM will work across the enterprise to lead initiatives, report progress and manage technical portfolio backlogs. Familiar with modern technical terminology, environments and Scrum practices.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Project Management: Creates, maintains, and manages all facets of the projects assigned including things such as; day to day project management, weekly project team meetings, sprint planning, stakeholder management, risk management, resources allocation, project reporting and budget management and alignment, and organizational change management.
- Actively builds and works with cross-functional teams, and coordinate across departments to support project team members to complete projects according to both internal and external deadlines.
- Communicates between team members and departments during the project lifecycle to present findings to stakeholders.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Collaborate with internal teams (including Engineering, Architecture, IT, DevOps, Security, Legal, and Product Management teams) and external partners to optimize portfolio performance.
- Flexible Technical Resource – This role will require the ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities and task. The right candidate will need the ability to swiftly pivot as priorities change and to pick up task and duties outside the normal role of this posting in order to support several enterprise initiatives. This could include project management, small portfolio management, presentation design, documentation, technical product review, new technology research, implementation, and other duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA or BS in a technological discipline preferred; MBA or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- Certifications Desired: Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Scrum Master & Project Management experience combined.
- Excellent presentation design and development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability communicate effectively, orally, in writing and presentation.
- Jira Studio
- MS Project or similar
- Project Financial Accounting
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to operate independently and apply strategic thinking with technical depth.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Skilled and knowledgeable at meeting scheduling, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Understanding of various agile and waterfall methodologies.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10-20%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.