Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Advertising Strategist uses their knowledge and expertise in marketing, advertising and social media in addition to project management skills to develop and implement advertising campaign strategies and tactics to achieve the marketing goals of the organization. As an integral part of the Marketing team, this person works collaboratively to increase brand awareness.
The Advertising Strategist is detail-oriented, collaborative, organized, patient, passionate, empathetic, meticulous, perceptive, communicative, analytical and reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
A. Strategic Paid Media Planning for Marketing Campaigns (35%)
- Develop a paid advertising outline and plan to align with Heifer’s broader marketing campaigns focused on raising brand awareness - which may lead to an impact on fundraising.
- Coordinate and implement paid advertising plans to ensure media placements align with approved strategy and target audiences.
- Research and implement new brand advertising strategies and tactics.
- Continuously evaluate and report on the performance of brand advertising campaigns in digital and traditional media (PSAs, TV, Radio, OTT, print, etc).
B. Project Management of traditional and digital advertising campaigns (35%)
- Collaborate with cross-functional creative teams to implement paid advertising campaign strategies.
- Manage internal and external agency resources to complete creative brand assets by the assigned deadline, including but not limited to assets for PSAs, TV, Radio, OTT (digital streaming services), print, etc.
- Directly manage relationships with advertising media representatives to ensure contracts are completed, creative is delivered by assigned deadlines and media is live on scheduled delivery date.
- Review advertisement copy and creative assets for accuracy and brand consistency.
- Follow up on meetings with internal and external stakeholders to confirm alignment in campaign execution.
- Develop presentations to communicate campaign strategies, tactics and results to the larger marketing team.
- Research and recommend paid media opportunities for internal departments such as Community Marketing, Content Marketing, Public Relations, Events and others as needed.
- Manage coordination, creative development and reporting for internal departments for paid media buys.
C. Reporting and tracking (20%)
- Monitor & audit budgets across advertising campaigns in traditional and digital advertising media, on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the marketing campaign team(s) to help establish key performance indicators (KPIs) across paid media campaigns.
- Manage data collection from internal teams and vendors to analyze and report performance for advertising initiatives.
- Compile campaign data and actively update reports on each campaign status and performance by the assigned deadline.
- Monitor the advertising accounting process of procurement order numbers, invoice numbers and work order numbers to accurately account for spend.
- Maintain an archive and catalog of advertising campaigns and experiments with related data to provide stakeholders with examples of lessons learned for future campaigns.
D. Administrative (10%)
- Field calls from media sales representatives and respond in a timely manner.
- Schedule team meetings and conference calls when needed to discuss strategy, objectives and results.
- Participate in weekly team marketing meetings to assist with strategy building.
- Process invoices from multiple media outlets and external agencies in a timely manner.
E. May perform other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3~5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from start to finish and on time
- Above average attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for building awareness through brand advertising
- Fundamental knowledge of online fundraising through digital advertising media, including email, social media, digital display advertising and search engine marketing, etc.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to converse diplomatically and tactfully with a wide variety of people
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Experience collaborating with external vendors and consultants
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Passion for making an impact in the world through brand marketing/advertising
- Ability to balance work on several projects at a time
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Working at the computer for long periods of time
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and vendors; occasional interactions with the general public
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
Starting salary for this position is $50k - $60k USD annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competency.
**Disclaimer: Salary for this position is based on U.S. labor market and salary scale.”
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection