Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Admissions Manager manages and supports a regional team of individuals responsible for processing of applications for our partner universities and supporting our students/agents throughout the admissions cycle. Reporting to the Director of Global Admissions Operations, the Admissions Manager assists with the communication between Shorelight representatives in the field and the HQ Enrollment Management Team. The Admissions Manager must be able to lead by example, hold subordinates accountable to measurable performance standards, and continuously work to improve the efficiency of systems and service to all stakeholders.
The Admissions Manager must be a dynamic, self-directed and mature individual who can work collaboratively with regional cross-functional teams on achieving regional KPI’s, effectively motivate and manage an admissions team, measure productivity and performance, manage the application processing and recommend and implement workflow changes to improve overall production capacity for their respective region(s),
- Assesses student academic credentials, reviews application documents, evaluates and renders decisions for admission
- Utilizes administrative systems to look-up admissions requirements, enter and maintain application data, and create reports to monitor workflow and application status
- Assist with defining, maintaining and communicating admissions processes and policies to/from Admissions and Recruitment teams
- Assist with other aspects of admissions operations as requested by the Global Admissions Operations team
- Collaborates with other regional Admissions Managers, the Director of Global Admissions Operations , regional Directors of Enrollment Management, Partner Operations and regional Recruitment Directors to develop and implement region-specific admissions processes and projects.
- Collaborates with the Director of Global Admissions Operations and the Director of Operations, Enrollment Management to provide training and onboarding of new Admissions Team members, as well as new team members in Student Acquisition (Recruitment/Inside Sales, Enrollment Services, etc.)
- Supervises a team of Admissions Advisors and Assistants in their daily activities as directed by the Director.
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Provide training on new or existing admissions processes to the admissions team.
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- 3 years experience working in secondary or higher education admissions operations
- Experience in international undergraduate and graduate credential evaluation
- Highly proficient in English verbal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with Salesforce, database systems, and Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Exemplary customer service, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
- Master’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field preferred
- 5 years experience working in secondary or higher education admissions operations
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in a foreign language other than English preferred
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer