About the opportunity
Are you a proactive problem solver who enjoys supporting a diverse group of technical specialists and delivering the highest-quality work? Are you looking for a career opportunity that allows you to use your business savvy, great organizational, communication and people skills to be an integral member of a team? Look no further. SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a dynamic Administrative Specialist to support the office in Sacramento, California. Work hours may vary seasonally and depending on project needs and your skills.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance. SWCA offers highly competitive pay rates based on individual qualifications and experience, and competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP).
What you will accomplish
As an Administrative Specialist you will wear multiple hats supporting staff in the realms of safety, logistics, employee relations, real property and equipment management, expense reconciliation, and vendor management. You will assist:
- Coordinate office and administrative activities, including sorting/routing incoming mail and other materials, setup on and off-site meetings
- Maintain the organization of general office space, including organizing project records and files, and ordering or purchasing supplies and food.
- Coordinate community events, and volunteer opportunities as part of our SWCA Gives Back Program.
- Manage the new hire onboarding processes and liaise with the Talent Acquisition and IT team to ensure smooth onboarding practices.
- Work with corporate Human Resources Department to support smooth employee exits.
- Work with corporate IT to support telecommuting technologies in support of virtual office functions.
- Maintain and coordinate asset management, including company owned and rented vehicles, field equipment, and computers and peripherals.
- Oversee the physical office location and communications with our landlord and service providers (e.g., janitorial, parking, etc.) to ensure office spaces meet the working environment standards.
- Support the efficient deployment, successful project data collection, and safe return of our large and diverse field staff across Northern California and beyond, including travel arrangements.
- Collaborate regularly with SWCA’s corporate departments (HR, Payroll, IT, Marketing, Safety, and Accounting) to ensure the accuracy and timely processing of all business transactions.
- Manage the Office Teams accounts including file organization, processes and procedures.
- Prepare and process Certificate of Insurance to meet contract requirements.
- Track expenditures and reconcile credit card statements and coordination of project logistics with Project Managers and Directors.
- Serve as Office Safety Representative and manage health and safety compliance tasks, including monthly reporting to corporate safety, tracking of staff trainings (i.e. First Aid/CPR) and management of a Safe at Work Plan and Emergency Response Plan.
- Assist staff and Project Managers with proposal preparation, document production, data entry, conference registrations, UPS/FedEx shipments, and vendor communications, among other tasks as they arise.
- Work closely with our other West Coast offices including Half Moon Bay, Honolulu, Pasadena, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Luis Obispo, to support regional business needs.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams, Power Point (preferably Version 2010 or later) and other software applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills with the ability to represent the company in a professional manner and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to jump into various types of tasks and learn new things to support our team as needs arise.
- Strong customer service approach and problem-solving ability.
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or GED equivalent) required
- Minimum of 2 years of current work experience as an administrative professional
- Must have a current and valid drivers license, with the ability to drive multiple types of vehicles, trucks, and 4x4’s.
- Must have own vehicle and be able to run office errands with minimal notice during business hours.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, biology, geology, anthropology, archaeology, history, environmental science, or a closely related field.
- Experience with Deltek Vision or other CRM software preferred; experience with SharePoint preferred, experience with Smartsheet platforms preferred.
- Budget tracking, reporting, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Ability to assertively negotiate rates with hotels and manage relationships with car rental agencies.
This is an hourly position. Pay range is dependent on experience.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.