The purpose of this position is to provide direct support to the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the AA serves as the point of contact for internal and external communication on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The AA also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and the Leadership Team. The AA organizes and coordinates internal and external relations efforts and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, while exercising the utmost discretion and confidentiality. The AA must be creative, proactive, hands-on, and enjoy working within a static environment that is results-driven, and fast-paced. The AA will have strong written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The AA is a team player but can also work independently and prioritize effectively to handle a wide variety of activities in an efficient and confidential manner.
- Schedule high priority meetings by managing an active calendar while providing a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role.
- Coordinate Leadership calendars, which includes complex, detailed, and multiple travel itineraries.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Leadership Team, specifically regarding scheduling meetings and travel arrangements.
- Plan and execute on-site and off-site meetings, retreats, and all-staff meetings across multiple time zones, with teleconference and video conference capabilities, including Board meetings.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is confidential in nature.
- Compile and complete expense reports, other types of reports, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, mailings, etc.
- Take meeting notes and minutes.
- Track internal and external meeting follow-ups.
- Assist in coverage of reception desk duties as needed.
- Manage Board meeting preparation and creation of Board meeting materials.
- Advance distribution of Board materials in a timely manner.
- Documents minutes within 72 hours after the end of the Board meeting.
- Craft a draft agenda for Board meetings.
- Act as liaison with the Board and individual Board members.
- Creating and updating high-level, dashboards to track changes in key metrics every month.
Relationship Management / Gatekeeper
- Assist in managing critical relationships on behalf of the CEO.
- Field all inquiries directed to the CEO and determine the proper course of action.
- Vet all requests for time and route requests to other departments as appropriate.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature and determine appropriate course of action.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments, demonstrating leadership, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Prepare the CEO for all internal/external meetings, including the requesting of agendas, list of attendees, research of organizations and individuals.
- Welcome visitors, and other functions, ensuring guests are cared for.
- Demonstrate the organization’s mission and values.
- Anticipate the CEO’s requests and assists CEO with tasks as instructed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience (preferably in a corporate setting) supporting C-Level Executives with the utmost integrity, discretion, and maturity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that are persuasive, credible, and polished.
- Experience with calendar and travel management.
- Strong organizational skills that enable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong business intuition, sound judgement in practical matters and impeccable integrity.-
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making ability.
- Highly resourceful team-player who can work with a diverse group of people, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of technology.
- Strong work ethic with the tenacity to work under extreme pressure.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Hours of Operation: This position’s hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. After hours business work is required occasionally throughout the year.
Environment: This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in fields and warehouses in inclement weather. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Travel: FSF serves four counties so there is often same-day travel between the counties, using a personal vehicle, and occasional out of town travel for meetings, conferences or special events.
OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are no more than 25 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace/ADA Compliant