The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Network
This role assists within the R2R team with the monthly reporting for the UK and Ireland Commercial Teams with preparing and maintaining financial data and assisting the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end closing activities including preparation and posting of journal entries in local ERP (Steeb). This will include basic accruals and prepayments, expense postings and reclassifications.
- Responsible for completing bank reconciliations on a regular basis
- Work with the Intercompany team in assisting with downloading and coding of invoices
- To prepare documentation for the statutory audit when required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant SOX controls, including taking the lead role on the bi-annual System User Access Review.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business.
- AAT – Level 3/4 (Completed) or equivalent
- Have minimum of 2 years’ experience of month end close
- Good Excel skills, MS Office including Outlook.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum supervision
- Strong ethical standards
- Be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work within a fast paced environment.