The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision, performs all operations necessary to complete and test any of the units or products.
- Work to samples and instructions (written and verbal) as required.
- To thoroughly understand the use of any equipment required in the testing operations.
- Must be able to check and verify the proper working condition of the test equipment per M&M Quality and Environmental System guidelines.
- To be able to set-up the required equipment and fixtures.
- To inspect parts and assemblies for adherence to quality standards, and report problems to the group leader or a management team member.
- To be able to perform the assembly and sub-assembly operations of the products in which you test.
- To do required PM's (preventative maintenance) on any of the equipment used.
- To fill out required paperwork such as stock reqs, scrap sheets, test rack reject forms, and DMR's.
- To be aware of and follow all M&M Quality and Environmental guidelines pertaining to the job.
- Perform other related work as required by the group leader or a management team member.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must read, write and speak English
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers and use the fingertips to perceive attributes of objects such as size, shape and surface finish. Requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to coolants, noise, fumes, electrical current, chemicals and equipment with moving parts.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.